cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the new NOWTV box (2016) output at 50HZ?

Hi, please can a NOWTV staff member confirm whether the new box (2016 edition) outputs at 50HZ, and not 60HZ as per the previous boxes?  60HZ causes jerkiness and motion judder on sports and any fast moving movies.  Thanks for your reply.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes the 2016 NowTV smart box is fixed at 50hz video output for all content on the box (ie Freeview, BBC IPlayer NowTV Services etc).

There is no 60hz playback option everything is fixed at 50hz. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just purchased  now tv box and set up and disappoint that it is set to 60hz and picture does judder. Can't find any settings for 50hz.  This is crazy as all now tv content plays at 50hz. Am I missing something? Bob. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It is the NowTV smart box that outputs at 50 Hz. If you have the standard black box (now TV box) then content will be output at 60 Hz. The smart box is fixed at 50 Hz output . Make sure it's the smart box that you have it should be clearly marked on the packaging

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok, but surely being its mainly British content all now tv boxes should be
50hz, not American standard 60hz, doesn't make sense, it's only a
firmware update to fix. Google done it with chromecast and that's an
american product. Thanks for reply though. Bob.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
.... it's only a firmware update to fix. 

Sadly it not on the early Roku/NOW TV devices. Because the video chip-set fitted within the early devices does not support 50Hz. Not everything can be fixed with a firmware update!

Thankfully the NOW TV 'smart' box offers a 'fixed' 50Hz output. Which is the main reason I bought one 😉