cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Does Smart box turn OFF

I’ve bought smart box with built in Freeview channels but been on all night is there a way that goes in deep sleep but where in setting though
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Soulcal24

The Smart Box doesn’t have a manual standby option, it should drop into it’s ‘eco’ standby mode after two minutes when it detects your TV is on standby or on a different source input (you should notice the purple light on the front of the box go out after two minutes). 

However it’s possible that the smart box may not be realising this has happened and so doesn’t drop into standby mode automatically (for instance if it’s connected via some models of amp or the TV status isn’t being detected). 

If you look under Settings > Power make sure auto power off is enabled. 

Another forum user mentioned one not very convenient way of getting the box to drop into standby if it doesn’t do it automatically is to unplug the HDMI cable from the back when you’ve finished (although it’s just as easy to unplug the power cable in that case). 

The other way of doing it if the box doesn’t seem to drop into standby overnight is to press

Home-Home-Home-Home-Home
FF-Play-RW-Play-FF

Then select 'System Operations Menu'
And then 'System Suspend'

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Soulcal24

The Smart Box doesn’t have a manual standby option, it should drop into it’s ‘eco’ standby mode after two minutes when it detects your TV is on standby or on a different source input (you should notice the purple light on the front of the box go out after two minutes). 

However it’s possible that the smart box may not be realising this has happened and so doesn’t drop into standby mode automatically (for instance if it’s connected via some models of amp or the TV status isn’t being detected). 

If you look under Settings > Power make sure auto power off is enabled. 

Another forum user mentioned one not very convenient way of getting the box to drop into standby if it doesn’t do it automatically is to unplug the HDMI cable from the back when you’ve finished (although it’s just as easy to unplug the power cable in that case). 

The other way of doing it if the box doesn’t seem to drop into standby overnight is to press

Home-Home-Home-Home-Home
FF-Play-RW-Play-FF

Then select 'System Operations Menu'
And then 'System Suspend'

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Andy
Thanks for your help but found feature in settings and I turned tv off and back on then box was going into eco mode
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Soulcal24 Sounds like it's working normally then - after 2 minutes it will be in eco mode, which is the equivalent of standby. Just one thing to bear in mind, when you wake the box up from standby by pressing a key on the remote it does take quite a few seconds to power back up - don't be surprised if it looks as if it's not working to start with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

why only on UK gold do I get lines going across the screen
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There seems to be problems with the Gold channel in particular for some people at the moment. No solution yet but I'd suggest you post a comment in this thread to confirm you're also affected

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Gold-Won-t-stream-properly/td-p/460910

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is fine on any channel but on UK gold I get lines across the screen this is annoying
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Moved:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lines go across my screen only on UK gold
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If your box still doesnt turn off, press the Home button so you have the menu system with the PIP freeview, then turn off TV, it should then go to sleep after approx 2 minutes.