cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Distorted sound on London Live channel only

Hi

Does anyone else have this issue. It affects London Live channel only and has been happening for ages now

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
The smart box was the first and only box where it had an aerial connection. 

Like I mentioned your best bet is to have a look on Amazon to see if you can find one there.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it’s only on the London Live channel 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You have to be more specific, because there are local variations of BBC and ITV channels.

There is no channel called London.

RMM71
Scholar 2

Sony Channel (on 49) and Sony Movies Christmas/Classic (on 51) also broadcast from the Local multiplex that London Live broadcasts from. Do they have the same issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RMM71

Thanks

I dont normally watch those channels but I have just checked and you are right the sound is also distorted on these. So what does this mean do you think?

RMM71
Scholar 2

The Local multiplex is transmitted at a lower power so your setup with the NowTv box is struggling to receive this lower strength signal. Whether this is down to the receiver in the NowTv box or how you are splitting the signal from your aerial given that you mentioned you are able to get good sound from another Freeview set up you have elsewhere in your house? 

You could try swapping your Freeview equipment around and see what results you get. Does the NowTv box give the same result in the other room, etc?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The aerial on the roof goes straight into the box. It would be difficult to try it into another tv at the moment. I’ll keep it in mind and perhaps try it when I can
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NOW stick on my tv in the kitchen and there is no sound distortion on these channels on this device
So do you think it’s because the smart box is an old version that it’s doing this ?

TIA

RMM71
Scholar 2

The NowTV stick doesn't provide any access to Freeview. Your kitchen tv either has another device attached to it that has a Freeview receiver or the tv has its own internal receiver. What is the aerial plugged into?

Either way if you are using the same aerial for your kitchen and bedroom the signal is being split which may be the cause or if you are using two different aerials then then that may explain the difference.

Also, Freeview receivers vary in their abilities and the one in the kitchen may be better than the one in your bedroom.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RMM71 
Agreed the Smart Box was the only Now TV device that provided “Freeview” because of the aerial connection. 

In my personal opinion the Smart Box was the best device they did and the Stick is a big downgrade. 

Granted most of the “Freeview” channels can be accessed via apps such as iPlayer, ITV hub, All4, My5, UKTV. That being said, I live in a new build, don’t have Sky TV, or an aerial. All my TV is through streaming services via my Somy Bravia Android TV. Have never looked back and thought I need to get an aerial or a satellite for Sky TV. 

Personally I feel that Sky, BT and Virgin TV are massively overpriced and don’t offer the same straightforward methods of easy multi-room viewing access. Whereas a Smart TV or Fire stick is all you need and you’ll have access to the same apps and “content” as you would on the living room TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the same aerial but sorry I got a bit confused as obvs the stick doesnt provide access to free view. I only purchased this so I could access catch up in the kitchen. 
So do you think if I bought an updated Smart box it would be ok 

Thank you