cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Display on 4k box start up

Every time I turn on my 4k box the picture displayed looks like multicoloured dots and dashes leaving it unwatchable. I have replaced HDMI cable but it still keeps occuring. The only way to rectify is by unplugging the unit. I also select 4k 60hz HDR for my display but it always defaults back to Auto. Any ideas on how to resolve. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Off topic i am thinking on buying the Sony XF9000 sound bar myself and wondering what is the Dolby Atmos like with regards to surround and height effect where the Sound Bar is only 2.1 with the Subwoofer.

Do you get any sense of surround sound and sound coming from above using the Sony Dolby Atmos algorithm ?

Also is there any puch from the Sony Sub and can the volume of the sub be reduced where i don't like a boomy sound.

Most of the Dolby Atmos Sound Bars are out of my price range, but i noticed the Sony was selling for around £250.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What make and model TV are you using and is the NowTV box plugged directly into your TV or is the box hooked up to an external HDMI switcher Hub, AV Receiver etc ?

I know on some 4K TV's such has Philips, Hisense, Sony there is an option in the TV menu settings to change the HDMI to an enhanced mode which might be worth checking if your TV has this option.

Does the same picture artefacts happen if you manually force 1080p on your NowTV box (just for testing purposes).

Do you have another 4K TV around the home to temporarily test the box on ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

CHEERS @schnapps 

The 4k box runs into the Sony XF9000 sound bar input and then out to the ARC input/output on a Sony XF9005 4k TV. The settings on the TV are set to enhanced. When I leave the NowTV box display setting on 4k 60hz HDR it defaults back to Auto. I will try and leave it set at 1080p and see if that works and does not default back to Auto. Unfortunately no other 4k tv to test on. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you bypass the Sony Sound Bar and plug the NowTV Box into one of the HDMI 4K 60Hz inputs directly on the television ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Off topic i am thinking on buying the Sony XF9000 sound bar myself and wondering what is the Dolby Atmos like with regards to surround and height effect where the Sound Bar is only 2.1 with the Subwoofer.

Do you get any sense of surround sound and sound coming from above using the Sony Dolby Atmos algorithm ?

Also is there any puch from the Sony Sub and can the volume of the sub be reduced where i don't like a boomy sound.

Most of the Dolby Atmos Sound Bars are out of my price range, but i noticed the Sony was selling for around £250.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I purchased the sound bar as it fitted within the legs of the xf9005 tv and I believed it was wholly compatible with my TV. Unfortunately the TV is only ARC enabled not eARC so doesn't support higher resolution audio through ARC. Anyway the sound I get from any device connected directly to it is great. As far as Dolby Atmos is concerned I can only get it through playing compatible discs via my 4k bluray player Sony UBP X800 plugged directly into the soundbar. I have tried playing Dolby Atmos content via the Amazon Prime app on the 4k player but it shows as Dolby Digital Plus. Unfortunately I am not that technically gifted. Anyway the sound from the bar for Dolby Atmos stuff is excellent. With all the options available such as vertical surround engine it really feels like surround sound. I have now by-passed the sound bar with the NowTV box and wired it in directly into the other 4k 60hz port and I will see if that helps. Thanks for your advice. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Sorry forgot to say you can adjust the sound from the subwoofer separately. So you can have it as booming or not booming as you like.