cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hels
Advocate

Disney+ and roku box

I've a message now displaying saying Display+ will no longer work on my current device and I need to upgrade it.  I've checked the settings and they are up-to-date, so I'm thinking I need to get a new box.  Does Disney+ work on the new 4K boxes?  Don't want to buy it if Disney+ doesn't work on it.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Hels 

See this thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Disney/td-p/601570/jump-to/first-unread-message

Although there are no new boxes from Roku only sticks. So it is your choice if you want to stick with Roku or switch over to Amazon. 
NOW no longer even make any devices so you can't get their branded stick anymore.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hels 

Out of curiosity are you using the NOW 4K Smart box with the pink NOW TV logo on the box top casing (model 4631 UK) ?

Where my NOW Freeview Smart box with the blue NOW TV logo on the box top casing model number 4500 is showing the Disney + warning message about this device is not supported after the 30th of May.

Where my NOW 4K Smart box isn't (at the moment).

Just trying to figure out what NOW box model numbers are getting this message, where my old NOW black box also is not getting this Disney + warning message about the 30th of May.

Where so far NOW haven't listed the NOW box model numbers affected.

Hels
Advocate

Hi @schnapps - I'm using the blue NOW TV logo box (4500 version) and was thinking about getting the pink Now TV box but wanted to check it worked on there first.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hels 

Any reason you want to stay with a NOW branded box such has the NOW 4K Smart box ?

I find the newer higher end Roku's models and Amazon 4K or 4K Max fire Stick much better (especially navigation speed around the menus).

To be honest i barely use my NOW 4K Smart box nowadays because the latest NOW user Interface is really slow where my Amazon 4K Stick is lighting fast (though it takes around 40 seconds to ramp up to full PQ quality with my Boost where I tend do a lot of NOW live channel hopping, where NOW branded devices and Roku devices are instantaneous with regards to full PQ when changing NOW live channels or starting NOW content from on Demand / catchup).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hels 

Forgot to add I am assuming that you know that only the NOW Freeview Smart box has an inbuilt TV tuner via over the air channels through a TV aerial (unless you are not using this NOW box with a TV aerial already).

Where the NOW 4K Smart box and Roku players and Amazon Fire Sticks doesn't offer over the air terrestrial TV channels where there is no TV aerial input on them.

Hopefully this is not important to you and have other means to watch over the air terrestrial TV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It has now been confirmed by NOW to the Editor of this linked internet website article below that it's only the NOW Freeview Smart boxes model 4500sk that will not support the Disney + App after the 30th of May.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/disney-plus-pulls-plug-on-now-tv-boxes/