cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Difference between NOW TV BOX and NOW TV SMART BOX - Help?

I originally bought a NOW TV SMART Box last year through Now TV, and until recently it was fine.  It has been playing up alot and after a long email conversation with NOW TV, they have sent me a replacement - however the box I received this morning is a NOW TV BOX (smaller black box) than my original SMART Box.

What I don't know - and I can't find any concrete information on is, what are the differences between these two boxes?  

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Michelle 

7 REPLIES 7
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I originally bought a NOW TV SMART Box last year through Now TV, and until recently it was fine.  It has been playing up alot and after a long email conversation with NOW TV, they have sent me a replacement - however the box I received this morning is a NOW TV BOX (smaller black box) than my original SMART Box.

What I don't know - and I can't find any concrete information on is, what are the differences between these two boxes?  

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Michelle 

Hi @Anonymous User 

The only real difference is that the Smart Box has the inclusion of a freeview tuner and some internal memory so that customers can pause live freeview tv for upto 30 minutes at a time. You won't notice much difference in speed really as the inclusion of said freeview tuners neagtes any advantages (if any) that the Smart Box's internal have over the older Standard NOW TV Black Box. Thats the most basic way i can put it 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you - so basically when replacing my box, Now haven't given me like for like?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you - so basically when replacing my box, Now haven't given me like for like?

Hi @Anonymous User

So you had a smart box originally? The smart box is currently out of stock, so if you've been given a black box as a replacement instead of the smart box. It's probably because NowTV decided it was better to do that then have you wait an extra week or two before receiving a replacement Smart box

@Tony-D , am I right in thinking the smart box is still out of stock?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

So you had a smart box originally? The smart box is currently out of stock, so if you've been given a black box as a replacement instead of the smart box. It's probably because NowTV decided it was better to do that then have you wait an extra week or two before receiving a replacement Smart box

@Tony-D , am I right in thinking the smart box is still out of stock?

@commanda6 @Anonymous User You are right Michelle 😕 i'll chase up to see exactly why the wrong box was sent as i'm sure, even if it was out of stock they would have a few lying about for situations like this. Or at least some form of compensation. I'll get back to you @commanda6 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I certainly hope they haven't actually discontinued the Smart Box as I've a few friends interested in them since seeing mine in action.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

Nowtv ran out of stock on their website a week or two ago, looks like they are now back in stock.

https://www.nowtv.com/smart-box-bundles

At the moment Asda's still appears to be the cheapest deal around for the smart box that i could find.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnappswrote:

HI @Anonymous User

Nowtv ran out of stock on their website a week or two ago, looks like they are now back in stock.

https://www.nowtv.com/smart-box-bundles

At the moment Asda's still appears to be the cheapest deal around for the smart box that i could find.

Good to know @schnapps re the back in stock boxes.

Just to add, two of the guys been round to Asda this evening but no boxes in stock. The store however has arranged for stock from the Asda in the next town over to be sent across tomorrow for them. Result Smiley Very Happy