cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

Im really disappointed. I have recently purchased a 6 month entertainment pass along with a 2 month movie pass. I used an old nowtv account I had set up previously and removed all my old unused devices along with selecting my new now tv box as a device. It will not let me select any other device to watch on until after september 1st! My daughter wants to use my account on her ipad but she cant! Im so annoyed! Wish I hadnt bothered buying it now. 

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sky_ijb wrote:

So seriously, many many people must have a household with a parent and two kids who all would want to watch at the same time - or two parents and two kids who all want to watch at the same time - I guess I'm incredulous that this just isn't possible with the set up offered with the nowtv boxes/passes (or by having an additional nowtv box).

Five of us,  Grandparent, parents and two teenage kids, yet never had an issue.  Three TVs in the house plus umpteen phones, iPods and iPads.  Now TV isn't the only TV.  There is freeview and the various catch ups that we mostly watch.  If you are ex-Sky, you have Fressat.  And we have Amazon Prime with a couple of fire sticks  (more for the fast delivery) and Netflix (just for Better Call Saul).  Sometimes we even watch things together!   (To be honest quite a lot).      Three people should be a doddle, and if the kids are young just get the kids pass for them on a separate account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for saying that it works for you and all the members of your family. Much appreciated and plans now afoot to make the switch over to nowtv and save myself about £40 a month - happy times!

Legend 5
Legend 5
Oh you can have multiple accounts each with same device limits. Of course one plus of Now is you can take your device with you to a friend's.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can have multiple accounts? How?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi

By multiple accounts, @4268 means a different account with a different email address but with the same card details. It is actually easy to forgot if you have more than one account.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So my children would be able to each have their own account - wow, I honestly can't believe, the more questions I ask the more confusing the whole thing seems to get. I think I'll give it a rest for tonight as I've asked chat how to get over the 'no more than 2 watchable devices at any one time' hurdle and when I asked them specifically about this they never mentioned this as a way of getting past it (if what you're saying is that multiple accounts would override that limitation of only two watching at once).

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...when I asked them specifically about this they never mentioned this as a way of getting past it (if what you're saying is that multiple accounts would override that limitation of only two watching at once).

But don't forget that if you have two NOW TV accounts and each of them have say, a monthly 'Movie/Cinema' subscription, you will pay two lots of £9.99.

I guess having two accounts could be handy if one account has just an 'Entertainment' subscription. And the other account has just an 'Cinema' subscription... Then upto two users could log into each required account at any one time....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So my children would be able to each have their own account - wow, I honestly can't believe, the more questions I ask the more confusing the whole thing seems to get.

To be honest it is simple.  For each account you can have up to 4 devices and watch 2 streams at once.  You can have as many accounts as you want.  You can even give your granny the username/password to watch if you like.  I have a netflix accont allowing us to watch 4 simultaneous streams and never had an issue with us (5) sharing the account.  Likewise with Now TV,  never have three streams going at the same time cos even if we are all watching TV on various devices, doubtless three of us will be on freeview/catch up.    You only need Now TV for movies and entertainment.  You could set up a separate account for the day/week sport passes as you use them less often.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Hi

By multiple accounts, @4268 means a different account with a different email address but with the same card details. 

Different card details if need be.  Pretty easy to keep accounts distinct.  Just send yourself an email with all details.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User how old are your children? You can set up pins on Now to stop them watching unsuitable content. Please note channels like Nickelodeon are on the kids pass. Disney channel is not available.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.