cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

Im really disappointed. I have recently purchased a 6 month entertainment pass along with a 2 month movie pass. I used an old nowtv account I had set up previously and removed all my old unused devices along with selecting my new now tv box as a device. It will not let me select any other device to watch on until after september 1st! My daughter wants to use my account on her ipad but she cant! Im so annoyed! Wish I hadnt bothered buying it now. 

67 REPLIES 67
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My only gripe, and this effects me not the wife, is there are no number keys on remote to directly select a free view channel, you have to scroll all the way through the channel list, and going from SD listings to HD listing is for me rather cumbersome.

@Anonymous User

A quick tip, if you press the Fast Forward >> or Rewind << button on the smart box remote controller it helps navigating quicker up & down the Freeview channels list.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip.

After writing this post I did find that if you press the left arrow while watching live tv brings up a list of free view channels and with this option to move up or down groups of channels at the time that's one of my grips sorted.

I can see where user feedback will help shape the future of this great little box as we are very early on in its life cycle and a bit more work on the free view side will make a big difference.

Jason.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  sorry to hear you were cut off from chat due to your typing speed.  Not everyone is a typist.  If you were using a PC can I recommend you keep a note on the PC that says something like:  Please note I am a very slow typist so may take time to respond to your question.  Please do not close the chat during this time.  I will confirm when I have finished and close the chat accordingly. (use your own words)  Before you open the chat open the document, press ctrl A to highlight all the text.  Then select copy.  Once you are in chat and have been answered by a chat person paste in your copied text.  This allows the chat person to know you are there and will be responding.

@Anonymous User  when you are back in tomorrow can you get this looked into.  It is not the first time I have heard of peopl being cut off due to chat not being patient with them when they type slowly.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think part of the problem may of been that this is the first time I used a live chat feature, for any service or website, and was not sure what to expect and was thinking on my feet which added to my slow responses.

To be honest I wasn't even sure I was going to get through to a real person but rather a bot with pre set answers to common questions, so now I know better and again will be better prepared if I need to use such a service again.

Although  my preferred way of communicating is via digital formats some times it's easier just to pick up a phone and talk directly to some one.

Jason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @4268 thanks for raising this to me.

Hey @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear that you got disconnected on our live chat.

I will look into this for you and send you an email after I have looked into your case.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i was a previous custemer of now tv just buying the monthly movie pass for the white tv box,however a few days ago we changed over to the smartbox(BLACKBOX)now because weve changed boxes halfway through the month we cant watch movies with the movie pass weve paid for  we keep getting message saying too many devices because weve swapped boxes....do i have to wait until next monthto watch movies on the tv,and waste the pass we baught when we had the white box please help....i thought it would just carry on with the new box

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Use this link and click live chat and ask them to reset your devices as you have a new box and cant use it.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

Currently a Sky customer paying £80 a month which I just can no longer afford.

I'm looking at changing to nowtv.

At the moment our family (three of us) tend to watch as follows: I'm the main TV watcher and I do usually watch on a TV (either the one downstairs or the one in my bedroom). My son rarely watches but when he does it's on a laptop or his XBox One. My daughter has a tv that she can watch on or she watches on her laptop. Because I watch on two TVs I've obviously got two Sky boxes.

I'm struggling to understand how we're all going to be able to watch at once! Can you add additional nowtv boxes to enable this?? I'm assuming not... I feel like (from my limited understanding) that we'd be up against the two devices at once and only four devices limit right off the bat. I can't quite understand this in this day and age - it seems very limited and I can't quite get my head round it.

Also, is there ANY way (by adding some other kind of box or whatever) that you can record programmes from catch up services or from box sets???

Thanks.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User you can have 4 devices and watch on 2 at same time. Sounds like you have more devices than that. No you can't record. Also not all channels are available
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there and thanks v much for responding.

So seriously, many many people must have a household with a parent and two kids who all would want to watch at the same time - or two parents and two kids who all want to watch at the same time - I guess I'm incredulous that this just isn't possible with the set up offered with the nowtv boxes/passes (or by having an additional nowtv box).

Surely this means that nowtv is only available for single people or couples - I just can't understand it! It makes it of no use at all really for anyone who might have three people who want to watch or have five devices that would need to be registered..... It seems commercially excessively limited really.

Guess I won't be going with nowtv then, I can't see how it works for families or maybe there's something I'm just not understanding.