cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

Im really disappointed. I have recently purchased a 6 month entertainment pass along with a 2 month movie pass. I used an old nowtv account I had set up previously and removed all my old unused devices along with selecting my new now tv box as a device. It will not let me select any other device to watch on until after september 1st! My daughter wants to use my account on her ipad but she cant! Im so annoyed! Wish I hadnt bothered buying it now. 

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to the box or any other devices can anyone help ?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you having "signing in" issues with your nowtv smart box and your other nowtv devices or is it something else ?

If you provide some further information including any error codes or messages shown on your TV screen and your other devices, i am sure the community forum members will give you some guidance on hopefully how to resolve it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It says I've already made changes to my devices this month and need to wait another month to register new devices as originally my devices were full on the now to system so I deleted some to register new ones and now I doesn't let me any suggestions for that
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you contact nowtv live chat on my link page below they should be able to sort you out.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok just ordered two new smart boxes via the Amazon deal of the day and wanted to ask about usage limits, did try and ask via live chat but I can't type fast enough and got cut off !

This is what I was trying to find out if it's possible 

1 smart box on daughters room with movie pass

1 smart box down stairs with entertainment pass, but being used for free view only

1  iPhone to watch Now TV content while at work

Is this possible on one account as technically although it's 3 devices only two will be accessing NowTV services as one device will be for free view content.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With one nowtv account you can have up to 4 nowtv devices with 2 simultaneous streams at any time (obviously watching Freeview wont count has a stream).

So, yes you will be fine with one nowtv account based on your above posted question.

Also, just wondering why are you using the smart box in your Living Room purely has a Freeview box without taking advantage of not watching your nowtv passes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply.

After taking a long hard look at our TV viewing habbits i saw that even though we had a full Virgin Media TV service we only really watched TV that was avaible via Freeview with the odd extra channel now and then so i decided to cancel the TV part of my package and look for alternatives.

I then found out about the new NowTV smart box which had both Free View and catchup services in one device that also had access to some of the premium content from Sky that we liked.

Then today i saw Amazon had these boxes as part of a daily deal and decided to go for it and brought two !

Now my daughter likes movies and watches them in the evening in her room, so thats one box accounted for using NowTV content.

Box number two for down stairs is coming with the entertainment pass but as my wife just watches a lot of soaps which can be viewed live via Free View she wont be using the NowTV side of the box when she is there on here own.

I work nights and i will be using my iPhone at work to watch Sky box sets using the Entertainment pass and this is the third device.

Now when i am at home during the day i will be using the NowTV part of the smart box downstairs but of course not the iPhone .

So as you can see i will be using three devices at different parts of the day but only two will ever be accessing NowTV content at any one point in time during that day !

To me is sounds nice and simple and means i dont have to have accounts all over the place for different devices but i know it must sound more complicated when written out !

Jason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a quick update,

My potential problem of streaming from various boxes at the same time sorted its self out !

My daughter decided to open her own now to account as she wanted control over her own addons, so now she streams from her own box and then the wife and I share simultaneous streaming between the downstairs box and my iPhone.

Also I have to say just how easy these things are to setup and all the codes for the included packages worked first time and everything is as it should be.

No more £100 a month to virgin for me !

My only gripe, and this effects me not the wife, is there are no number keys on remote to directly select a free view channel, you have to scroll all the way through the channel list, and going from SD listings to HD listing is for me rather cumbersome.

Thanks.

Jason.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Just done the same. £40 a month better off