cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 vs My 5 on Now tv Smart box

Hi, hoping someone can help.

i've been utterly unable to find X-Files on catchup on the Demand 5 app on now tv smart box.

I've can see the episodes on the My 5 app on my tablet and my samsung tv.

I've looked in now tv app store, there's no My 5, only Demand 5.

is this correct?

is there only a really out of date Demand 5 app available, and not My5????

and why are certain series available on My5 and not Demand 5?

what on earth is the difference between to the 2 apps?

thanks and regards,

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

No worries re non-legal stuff.

I get all I need via NowTV and BT Youview. I love the non-contract aspect of NowTV most of all. Plenty on there to keep our household happy Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted channel 5 asking them when there are updating to my 5 app on now TVs boxes and I got a response today saying they have plans to launch the app this year but not exact date at present.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are properly building the app up right now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone from now tv here anything regarding demand 5 app being rebranded to my 5 app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As NowTV devices are simply 'stripped down' versions of Roku devices it would take Channel 5 to first make My5 available to the Roku store before it could then be added to the NowTV devices. You would need to address your query to Channel 5 and not NowTV if you have any hope of getting any sort of answer.

I should add that Freeview Play devices still have Demand 5 and not My5 so I reckon Five are in no rush to make the changeover. Freesat also has Demand 5. I do however have My5 on a Youview box for quite some time now so Five's plans are obviously different for each platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 has just been rebranded to My5 on now tv smart boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not working on my box, what's going on ??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Does your box show the Demand 5 or My5 App when going to the box My Apps section ?

Have you got the newer My 5 App and it just doesn't play ?

Which nowtv box version have you got ?

Have you tried a forced software update by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed quickly pressing the FF button 3 times, followed quickly pressing the RW button 2 times on the remote controller ?

Update the software even if on the same version number.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply,

It shows Demand 5 on the shortcut, My5 on the app, uninstalled and reinstalled, still didn't work just comes up with a message saying that there is an error re start the app?

My box version is 4200sk

Software build is 4170-10

Pressing home 5 times and that, doesn't do anything.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't use the standard nowtv black box anymore, so i can't check if the Demand 5 App is working or not or if it's had the My 5 App refresh update.

My nowtv 4K smart box has had the My 5 App update about three or four days ago and seems to be working fine for me.

I can see you have already tried the removal and reinstall of the Demand 5 App without no success.

You could try a reboot of both your router and box to see if that kicks start the Demand 5 App to start playing.

Otherwise the only other thing to try is a full factory reset (please note now when you factory reset your nowtv devices you may find that you will have to go to nowtv.com/tv webpage if your TV screen shows a 6 digit code to re activate the box which is a pain in the backside compared to the old method previously of entering your account details on the box via the TV screen).

Perhaps somebody who owns the std black box can confirm if the Demand 5 App is working for them or if they have had the My5 App update on their black boxes ?