cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 vs My 5 on Now tv Smart box

Hi, hoping someone can help.

i've been utterly unable to find X-Files on catchup on the Demand 5 app on now tv smart box.

I've can see the episodes on the My 5 app on my tablet and my samsung tv.

I've looked in now tv app store, there's no My 5, only Demand 5.

is this correct?

is there only a really out of date Demand 5 app available, and not My5????

and why are certain series available on My5 and not Demand 5?

what on earth is the difference between to the 2 apps?

thanks and regards,

30 REPLIES 30
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The branding on the box version is still Demand5 as Channel 5 haven't got around to updating it but it is up to date.

The X-Fules is on the NOW TV Demand 5 version, easiest way to find it is from the Recent tab at the bottom (it's currently also third on Featured although that changes).

The Search function is very precise, entering X Files or X-Files doesn't work, you have to start from the beginning of the show's proper title eg 'The X' will find it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Demand 5 is still on Freesat and my Panasonic Freeview Play tv, neither have been updated to My5 as yet. It's not just NowTV who don't have it. Personally I prefer the layout of Demand 5 which I find clearer and easier to read.

ken242
Expert

i prefer my 5 look lot better than demand 5 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think the stick has my 5 hopefully they update soon
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is my5 launching on now TVs smart boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Think the stick has my 5 hopefully they update soon

I wasn't aware the stick had My5. I thought all the NowTV devices were the same, especially as the Rokus also only carry Demand 5.

If My5 is on the stick I'd expect it on the Smart boxes sooner rather than later.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own a nowtv smart stick, so I can not confirm either way if the My5 App is currently available on the stick or is coming soon.

Where I suppose there is a clue from this outer packing box photo of the smart stick, where I did ask the NowTV Team about the My5 App on other nowtv boxes and I didn't get a definitive answer either way.

s-l1600.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would assume it is on it as it on the package but could be totally wrong anyone confirm this????
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

No My 5 app on my stick, just the same Demand 5 as other NOW TV devices. 

How come everyone is talking about a My5 app all of a sudden, is there some special feature I've not heard of?