cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constantly dropping connection, no solution, any feedback

Would really appreciate the community’s feedback
Smart Box constantly drops connection and reconnects when using Now TV making it unusable
Problem occurred 72hrs ago
Contacted Now TV, no solution
Have tried
Reset
Factory reset
Enable Network pings
A replacement box
Streaming from all other apps is no issue....
Looking forward to people input and hopefully a solution because for the 1st 4 weeks Now TV has been great....
Thanks
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’m having exactly the same problem and I have virgin broadband!! It was fine for first 6wks and all of a sudden loses connection!! How do I find this guest list option please!! X
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

More information here how to setup a guest network with Virgin, click on your Router model and follow the instructions.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/200300000001000/article/HELP-2915/Setting-up-a-guest-network-on-your-Virgin-Media-Hub?query=Guest

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the speedy advice!! I’ve set one up but now have lost normal WiFi on everything else now!! Can I run them simultaneously?? X
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT and never used Virgin to be honest.

Have you gone into the WiFi settings on all your devices to select the new guest network name on the list of available WiFi names found ?

Would have thought you can select what devices (i.e. Nowtv box) that was used on the guest network and left everything else on your normal WiFi network.

Hopefully a Virgin Hub owner on here will come to your rescue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all the posts
Good luck with the Guest Network
It is simple via the router and set up is standard once you select it
Unfortunately it’s only lengthen the gap between drops from seconds to minutes, but the issue still arises
If anyone else tries or finds a work around please post
The only consistent method I have found is play it through my XBox and run Freeview and Now tV separately
So frustrating as such a great service potentially
Will be copying this all to Virgin and Now TV
Does any have a email for Now TV customer service?
If yes please post, then we can increase the volume of attention on this issues and hopefully address it
Thanks again, so appreciate the feedback
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have had the same problem over the past 2 weeks and nothing has resolved it.  Many hours wasted in Help Centre. I bought the Smart box in November and had no problems with it until 2 weeks ago

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had a Now TV smart box for some time and never had a problem. However, I've just bought a Now TV stick, and it was cutting out (going to the blue screen) every few seconds.

I tried a few things, including powering it from the mains instead of the USB port on the TV, and eventually altered my screen settings from 'auto' to 1080. This seems to have cured the problem for me.

I hope this helps.....😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is one hundred percent the smart box that keeps dropping internet connection than comes right back stalling the film or whatever I am watching. The reason I say this in becouse the now TV app on connected to the same TV and same isp and internet connection works perfectly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem but it's with the chrome cast. And I've just upgraded to fibre. I have no problem with any other app. I'm thinking of getting the box or the new TV stick but I'm hesitant now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem! Tried contacting NOW they palmed me off, told me to buy a booster which I have, nothing has changed? I cannot watch a film in full making this unusable.....