cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constantly dropping connection, no solution, any feedback

Would really appreciate the community’s feedback
Smart Box constantly drops connection and reconnects when using Now TV making it unusable
Problem occurred 72hrs ago
Contacted Now TV, no solution
Have tried
Reset
Factory reset
Enable Network pings
A replacement box
Streaming from all other apps is no issue....
Looking forward to people input and hopefully a solution because for the 1st 4 weeks Now TV has been great....
Thanks
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changed my server to guest account as suggested and so far so good it's not dropping out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's been working perfectly since connecting to the Guest Network via WiFi - clearly a problem with Virgin Media, but NowTV aren't going to admit that!!!
If you access your router (look on the bottom of your router for password) and on the home page, there's an option to set up a guest account - click it and follow the instructions. It then sets up another account that you can use or, as the name suggests, give to friends when they come round (if you think they pose a security risk 😂😂)

I searched for the guest account on the Now TV box, entered the password I had set up and within seconds it had got the green tick on all 3 criteria and was connected and has been since 👍
Just Google "Virgin Guest Account" for more detailed instructions.
Ella1966
Mentor

I am watching this post with interest.  I have been complaining for the last eight weeks and getting nowhere.  I have to do a reset, then hard reset every day at the moment.  The tv pictures breaks out into pixels, loses signal, stops playing, when you use the pause button and then press play it goes to the beginning of the programme again, every time, everyday, when you press play, it plays the tv programme but the sound is from the beginning of the programme, totally out of sync.  I have contacted NowTV on numerous occasions and they offered me a small refund and a reduced entertainment pass.  However, this issue is still ongoing and I am convinced it's the broadband signal and cables from Nowtv.  I am going through the terms and conditions and also all the sale of goods and services act as I am not happy about paying them anymore money until the problem is fixed.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked perfectly!!! Saved a fight between me and the other half when we were getting stressy at each other because game of thrones kept cutting out every 30 seconds 🤣 thank you!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem with the plug in dongle thingy....watched 2 episodes of GOT then got the red box saying internet connection was lost...4 seconds later it reconnected...didn't think much of it and put it down to a hiccup.....2 days later watched 2 episodes of curb your enthusiasm and the exact same thing happened...watching live tv,watched the outsider then switched to watch another GOT episode and lo and behold it did it again....getting a bit annoyed to say the least.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just posted my opinion of the Now TV stick on this forum under stick problems. These sticks can be problematic. I suggest you load the Now TV app on your mobile phone and run the system from that, it seems to run without fault. Hope this helps.

Jumper

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have recently started to encounter this problem, with loss of internet connection. Never had any problems before. I have recently changed broadband provider to Vodaphone superfast, so no issue with the connection,  it is in fact excellent when I have checked on the nowtv network connection. Is there any updates on why this happening and what I can do to rectify it. Every other app works perfectly it's just when watching nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
After quite a lot of testing and investigating the fault, which also shows up as a degraded quality picture only to right itself , then after a short time the picture is degraded again. I have come to the conclusion that Now TV is using multiple servers and the fault is server related and not the now TV stick or my broadband system, as I can monitor the broadband upload /download speed at the router which remains pretty constant before, during, and after the fault in addition the fault also rears its ugly head when I stream NOW TV from my mobile phone, this would eliminate the NOW TV stick. Going to the home page then back into the program clears the fault which as I say would point to a server issue. I doubt if NOW TV will resolve the issue as it would mean a great deal of work on their part to identify the dodgy servers or the content being streamed by the servers. As such its a case of live with it or change to another system I do know that the issue does not happen on Netflix, If enough people leave because of the issue they may well do something about it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I am on Vodafone WiFi is always on and all other devices work. 
now tv keeps cutting out. Very frustrating, I’ve created the guest account and it hasn’t changed anything. Is it worth calling now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah,

I too have Vodafone superfast BB and It is notorious for giving me issues, when it works its good, but when it doesn't its a right nightmare. Vodafone customer service/technical help usually an Indian call centre is as much use as an ash tray on a motor cycle. From what I am reading about now TV forums a lot of users have the same opinion of Now TV customer help. Personally I don't think Now TV are as polished as other providers, but then again when it works its good.  You do not say how you are streaming Now TV.  A stick, box, Apple, or Android. If you can monitor your BB speed via BTW Performance test while you are watching Now TV then that will usually indicate if your BB is causing the Issue, I know you say other systems work but streaming video and audio uses a lot of bandwidth and any drop in bandwidth or speed will affect  you streaming Now TV.

Lets assume that its not your BB that is the issue.  If you are using a stick or a box, try downloading the Now TV App onto your mobile and streaming that to your TV directly if its a smart TV. If your TV isn't so smart try streaming through chrome cast to your TV to see if that resolves issue. Finally as I have posted on this forum before I believe Now TV has an issue with some of its servers which causes numerous issues which can be confirmed by trying to watch something else from a different server, if that works without fault and you go back to your original program and one of two things will happen, either the original program will still have the fault indicating a server issue, or the program runs without fault indicating again that you are watching the same program from a different server indicating again a server issue. 

I hope that this information helps, unfortunately some of the technology which is marketed and bought by we, the consumers, is not as good as it should be.