cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting Streaming NOW TV Box to Old TV

I wonder if someone can help please. I have looked under other postings but to no avail as it appears to be a different configuration.

I have a streaming NOW TV box which works perfectly well on a small tv with a HDMI cable. However, I have tried connecting it to an old Black Diamond TV with a HDMI to scart converter:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HDMI-Scart-Scart-HDMI-Audio-Video-Converter-Adapter-HDMI-cable-/202...

The converter works perfectly well on the small newer TV when I connect the HDMI as the input and the scart lead as the output. However, the old TV does not pick it up with the same configuration on the usual 00 programme that it does for other inputs.

Hence, both the NOW TV box and the converter are working well. It is the old tv picking up the connection that is the problem. It has just 2 scart inputs (and no other input) and no remote control. I want to use the old tv as it has a much bigger screen and I can actually see the content!

Does anyone have any ideas? 

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you sure you've got the TV on the correct source for the SCART input? 00 sounds more like an internal tuner channel, such as when connecting a VCR via coaxial aerial lead. Not sure which remote you are missing, but if you have the TV remote try looking for other source/input buttons to try, or see if there are any buttons on the actual set you can use.

If you post back with your TV model number it would be useful for someone helping you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply Andy.

The 00 channel seems to work for other scart inputs e.g. different freeview box and DVD.

No I don't have the TV remore unfortunately.

The diamond black model code is bds2151s.

The reason for trying to get it to work is that the flat is rented and the old TV is part of the furnishings. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah if it works for other SCART devices it should be ok, have you connected the NOW TV box to the same SCART socket as you used with those devices in conjunction with 00? It might be worth skipping through the 'channels' to either side of 00 as well as there should be separate inputs for both SCART sockets.

Can't easily find a manual online for that model and I don't use a HDMI to SCART device myself so probably not going to be any more help to you I'm afraid but hopefully someone else will be able to. Fingers crossed for you! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot anyway Andy - much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem but I myself thought it was a hdmi to scart connector but as I continued my search I have found it actually needs to be scart to hdmi converter ie..scart input and hdmi output but I have found there s some sort of picture but I myself have no controller have tried source on a one for all controller but am not really getting anywhere so gave up if anyone has any further suggestions that would be very appreciated thanks

RoyB
Legend

The Now TV Box (white, black, Smart, etc) outputs on HDMI. So if you have an old TV with only SCART inputs, it is an HDMI to SCART converter that you need. 

What made you think different? 

These converters aren’t reversible, and a SCART to HDMI one won’t work here.

If the TV has HDMI inputs, though, you need an HDMI to HDMI cable (perhaps the one you are currently trying to use with the converter, if indeed it is a converter, and not just a remote control?) and that is the best arrangement.

However, if the TV is indeed SCART only, then make sure you are using a fully wired SCART cable.

Or at least a single-direction one wired, connected, and/or switched, to go FROM the converter TO the TV, if this is all you have.

The One For All controller you have sounds like it might be a remote control; that won’t do the job at all. What you need is something like this.

Use an HDMI cable to go from the NowTV Box to the converter, plug the supplied power lead into the converter and connect it to a live USB socket, use a SCART lead to go from the converter to a SCART input on the TV, switch the TV to that input, and you should then see NowTV on your old telly.

Any remaining queries or problems getting this working, please post here again

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.