cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Comments on the new box

Swapped our nowtv (white) box for a new smart one yesterday. Oddly went to Currys who told me they didn't have them in and didn't expect them as you can only order from nowTV online. Went to argos next door and bought one for £69.99 with four months movies.

Looks much nicer, runs much faster and we even think the bbc iplayer is significantly faster, having free view is great as saves clicking back and forward between remote. It's much better all round.

what I don't like is the TV guide is only now and next - a few hours of tv as a guide would be better - I've downloaded a TV guide app. Also don't like the menus (but never have on nowTV) as find them a bit all over. Also, the HD channels are way down the list and can't seem to work out a quick way to get to them. Would be better to have them further up and quicker to access (who would watch bbc1 when you can watch bbc1HD other than for local news).

also no idea how long we can pause for. The guide says 'depends on programme and area'.

all in all - much better and worth the £

41 REPLIES 41
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher

On the My TV main guide i took the photo at the top of the page which like you said only shows the BBC One channel logo.

When i scroll down the main page to the now & next epg to the HD channels section it says BBC 1 Wales (in text not logo format) where BBC Two HD is shown in the logo channel format.

My EPG shows either the channel logo or the channel name (guessing it is dependent how long the channel name is i suppose) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for info - Tesco Direct still have the new Smart Boxes in stock complete with the choice of a 5 months Entertainment Pass or a 4 months Movies Pass.  Both these packages are listed on their web site at £69.

Wlat