cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clicking on a Now TV channel in the TV guide doesn't go straight to the channel. Very annoying.

Annoyingly within the TV guide, when selecting any of the Now TV channels it doesn't take you directly to that channel; instead it will launch the Now TV app, and from there you need to select the channel again. This is especially grating if you've scrolled down a fair way to select the channel you want on the first list, as you'll be dumped right back to the top of the new list; it's a small thing to be changed, but it makes the experience feel a lot less cohesive, and more like a collection of apps than a selection of platform-agnostic content, I think the majority of people would agree.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have you only just purchased the box? You might be on an older software version as the box recently updated to do just as you ask. When you now click a NOW TV channel in the TV Guide the NOW TV app opens and the correct channel is selected. All you need to do is click OK to then start watching.

If your box is new you may have to wait a few days for the update to be pushed to your box. Alternately you could try a forced software update yourself.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear. Choose Update software and allow it to run.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoyingly, selecting any of the Now TV channels doesn't take you directly to that channel; instead it will launch the Now TV app, and from there you need to select the channel again.

This is especially grating if you've scrolled down a fair way to select the channel you want on the first list, as you'll be dumped right back to the top of the new list; it's a small thing, but it makes the experience feel a lot less cohesive, and more like a collection of apps than a selection of platform-agnostic content. Any chance of this being sorted as it really does hinder smooth usage?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have you only just purchased the box? You might be on an older software version as the box recently updated to do just as you ask. When you now click a NOW TV channel in the TV Guide the NOW TV app opens and the correct channel is selected. All you need to do is click OK to then start watching.

If your box is new you may have to wait a few days for the update to be pushed to your box. Alternately you could try a forced software update yourself.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly

Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear. Choose Update software and allow it to run.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it's still a 2 click process. why can't it just take you to the channel when selected from the main TV guide?  It's a NOW TV box, quad core at that, always assume i want to use NOW TV and not have to load it evertime i come out of the "now tv" app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

it's still a 2 click process. why can't it just take you to the channel when selected from the main TV guide?  It's a NOW TV box, quad core at that, always assume i want to use NOW TV and not have to load it evertime i come out of the "now tv" app. 

I'm sure NowTV have seen people complain about this but perhaps put up a suggestion in 'Ideas for NOW TV' so that there's more visibility?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had an app update today and this now appears to be resolved, selecting a channel in the TV guide for the NOW TV content takes you straight to that live content - much improved from what I have seen.