cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel numbers - new user couple of questions

Hi there

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i couldn't see reference to it.

I recently moved into a new house and have become a new customer with now tv who provide my internet and tv.

I have a Nowtv Smart Box (with standard entertainment pass)   One thing I find frustrating is that there are no channel numbers.  Therefore if I want to, for example, go to the kids channels, I have to go to tv guide and the scroll down for a period of time until I get there.   Every other tv I have ever used would simply have a number I could press.  This is not very user friendly.   Am I missing any tricks here?

A couple of other questions:

1. I am in Bristol, but would like access to BBC Wales. Is this possible?  eg if I had sky, I would have all the other BBC region channels.

2. I have seen the thread on Netflix. I'm not sure I fully follow.  In a nutshell, if i want to access netflix do I have to buy a new box that allows it?

3. I am a boxing fan.   I see there is a Sky Box Office app.  Can I acess PPV boxing matches now then? Can I purchase the fight without also purchasing the SkySports Day pass?

4.  Speaking of which, anyone know if I can get BoxNation on this?

5.  I see that I can 'pause' and 'play'.   Am I right in saying that I can't record programmes though?

Sorry for all of the questions, and help on any of the questions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i couldn't see reference to it.

I recently moved into a new house and have become a new customer with now tv who provide my internet and tv.

I have a Nowtv Smart Box (with standard entertainment pass)   One thing I find frustrating is that there are no channel numbers.  Therefore if I want to, for example, go to the kids channels, I have to go to tv guide and the scroll down for a period of time until I get there.   Every other tv I have ever used would simply have a number I could press.  This is not very user friendly.   Am I missing any tricks here?

A couple of other questions:

1. I am in Bristol, but would like access to BBC Wales. Is this possible?  eg if I had sky, I would have all the other BBC region channels.

2. I have seen the thread on Netflix. I'm not sure I fully follow.  In a nutshell, if i want to access netflix do I have to buy a new box that allows it?

3. I am a boxing fan.   I see there is a Sky Box Office app.  Can I acess PPV boxing matches now then? Can I purchase the fight without also purchasing the SkySports Day pass?

4.  Speaking of which, anyone know if I can get BoxNation on this?

5.  I see that I can 'pause' and 'play'.   Am I right in saying that I can't record programmes though?

Sorry for all of the questions, and help on any of the questions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately there is no TV Freeview channels number selection or favourite channel option direct from the remote controller. The only thing that i could suggest is to use the FF >> and RW << on the remote controller to jump up or down the TV channels more quickly.

When i setup my box from new,  after i did a first scan of the TV channels on the box i was given the option of two choices (Wenvo Wales my local transmitter or Mindeps England) due to having excellent signal reception from my aerial. Also it might be worth checking if any of the Wales channels are further down your EPG list.

There is no Netflix facility on the nowtv smart box, you will need another device that supports Netflix.

There is a Sky Sports Box Office App under either My Apps or App Store which offer some Boxing PPV fights.

No Box Nation channel or app on the NowTV service unfortunately.

Yes you are correct there is no record ability on the smart box apart from the pause and play feature (up to 30 minutes SD where i found that HD is less). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you , much appreciated.