cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change channels via app

Is there an option within the Now Tv iPad app or a separate app to change free view channels? It's very slow and not very practical to keep scrolling up and down the channel list to get to the channel I want. 

I understand there are similar apps that I can control my tv channels with but I don't believe this works whilst watching via the Now TV smart box. 

Alternatively can I pin my favourite channels to the top to preventing from scrolling from top to bottom?

thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly apologies if i have misunderstood your message.

Are you using a nowtv smart box where you rather use your ipad to control the smart box than the standard remote controller that is supplied with the box ?

If that is the case you could try the free Roku remote controller app on your ipad which you can download from the App Store.

The Roku app is more responsive than the standard box remote controller, but unfortunately there is no option to input tv channel numbers, move channels around the EPG or save favourite tv channels.

What i tend to do is use the Fast Forward >> or Fast Rewind button <<  on  the Roku app to jump tv channel pages more quickly (you can also use these same buttons on the standard box remote controller).

The other draw back with the Roku app with the smart box, is that you will either need a Wake on Lan (WOL app) to switch the smart box on from your ipad or alternatively you can hit a button on the nowtv smart box remote controller to take the box out of deep sleep hibernation mode (not ideal). 

Maybe download the free Roku Remote Controller App and give it a go. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly apologies if i have misunderstood your message.

Are you using a nowtv smart box where you rather use your ipad to control the smart box than the standard remote controller that is supplied with the box ?

If that is the case you could try the free Roku remote controller app on your ipad which you can download from the App Store.

The Roku app is more responsive than the standard box remote controller, but unfortunately there is no option to input tv channel numbers, move channels around the EPG or save favourite tv channels.

What i tend to do is use the Fast Forward >> or Fast Rewind button <<  on  the Roku app to jump tv channel pages more quickly (you can also use these same buttons on the standard box remote controller).

The other draw back with the Roku app with the smart box, is that you will either need a Wake on Lan (WOL app) to switch the smart box on from your ipad or alternatively you can hit a button on the nowtv smart box remote controller to take the box out of deep sleep hibernation mode (not ideal). 

Maybe download the free Roku Remote Controller App and give it a go. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That sounds like what I'm looking for! I'll give it a try today. 

Thank you for your help.

dgilbert2
Scholar

Thank you, just realised the Roku apps work with NowTV Smiley Tongue