cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant get past the 6 digit code. Oops something went wrong.

Live chat have been as much use as a chocolate for guard. This has frustrated me to the point I have cancelled every service I have with them to another provider all together. I got a 4k smart box for my daughters room. Went through the set up. Got a 6 digit code. Input the code. Passes screen comes up. Press continue. Screen says hello kayleigh is this you. Press yes and continue. Then it says oops something went wrong at our end. On several devices and browsers this is happening. I've spent 6 hours between live chat and telephone calls and not one person knows what to do. They keep referring me to live chat. At one point I spoke to 5 advisors online who kept referring me to the relevant team which then lead to me having to explain all over again the entire problem. Then the icing on the cake has come.... they closed my complaint lol. When no response or resolution has been given after they requested box serial number and place of purchase.

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot i am assuming your bank card details are up to date on the NowTV system ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. All payments are up to date. For broadband and passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Accounts on the phone said all was in good stead. Payments went due until 10th. @schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried rebooting the nowtv box to hopefully generate a new six digit code on your television screen, then using your internet browser in either a Private Window or Incognito Mode by entering the code in this link below (assuming you are a UK customer).

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Apart from the above i have run out of ideas on what to try.

If the NowTV website was encountering technical difficulties their end with all customers accessing their six digit code i would have expected high traffic on the forum.

Sounds like your case is the exception.

Sorry i couldn't offer any further advice.

Hope you get it sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem and same result from chat. I have wasted 3 hours to date and now waiting for an email from support.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got round it. I created a new account and did it that way. I immediately cancelled all passes straight after. I have the free month. The irony is they have now suspended my original account on broadband. Like I actually care anyway. All my services with them have been cancelled in any case. Including a bank block. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you resolve this in have had the same problem for 3 days. Just keeps coming up with the same oooops message 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No still not solved. They had the cheek to close my complaint too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think I am going to have to return the box and go back to Sky if this is not resolved. No help from anywhere