cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you delete apps e.g. You tube from the box

Hi I was just wondering if there is a way you can delete unwanted apps off of the box completely I have a 7 year old and would rather he didn't have you tube I can't seem to find a way to do it any help would be appreciated x
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No, unfortunately there's no way currently to prevent someone installing apps if they know how to do it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserSomething maybe worth noting also about apps is that if you have multiple boxes on the same account that if you install an app on one box it will install it on them all (same for deleting). Basically it syncs your apps across the account so if you install one for yourself on your own box then any other boxes on the account  will get it too, including those the kids use.

But i agree that the boxes are just not kid safe at all. Apps can be re-installed too easy, parental pin only protects the NowTV app and the odd 3rd party apps that do offer a PIN of their own is easy to get past by simply unistalling then reinstallng the app. Kids are clever, it doesnt take them long to figure it out 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like this function also. I contacted customer services who said they are working on it and to post here so Now TB will take note!