cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't get tv, says no signal

I'm frying my brain trying to fix this. I hope someone can help. Was watching tv via smart box when suddenly I lost all channels. It was saying no signal. So I plugged aerial directly into tv and perfect signal. After looking for Internet answers I did a hard reset and went thru all the mind numbing imput of passwords etc only to find still same prob. I scanned for channels. 57 found. Signal is full bars. Internet works fine. Any suggestions anyone please   Thankyou in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This sounds like your TV is not recogisning the Now TV box via the HDMI connection or it could be that the TV is tuned into the wrong Source channel and instead of seeing the menus from the box you are only seeing the normal TV menus. Can you tell us what make of TV you have and if you can access any of the menus on the Now TV box?

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When the box says it's found 57 channels are you able to watch those channels, or are they all coming up as no signal? Do they all list correctly in the TV Guide? Is 57 the usual number of channels you expect to get (or thereabouts) or did you have more channels when the box was working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for reply. There are no channels that I can watch. I'm not sure how many I had before as I've only had now tv box a week and am still finding my way around it. All are black screen with small 'no signal' in centre of screen.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

I suggest you go on to live chat and see if they can help you with this.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

Click the link and click the green contact us button at the bottom. Then select "live chat". Smiley Happy

Best on a PC/Mac.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This sounds like your TV is not recogisning the Now TV box via the HDMI connection or it could be that the TV is tuned into the wrong Source channel and instead of seeing the menus from the box you are only seeing the normal TV menus. Can you tell us what make of TV you have and if you can access any of the menus on the Now TV box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a Samsung TV. I got up the following morning and was working. Thanks for your reply
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Good to hear if you have any further issues please get in touch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I jinxed myself saying the now tv was fine now. It just went black screen on all channels. Just no idea what's happening 😕
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my tv has done it again. Went to black screen half way through a tv programme. Black screen on all the now tv channels. I unplugged the aerial and plugged direct to tv and aerial fine so plugged back to now tv box and still same. I can get the bottom of info to each channel and how much time left but still black screen. When browse the menu and flick onto the home button I hear the tv program sound for a millisecond before silence. I have a Samsung tv and have checked source and is tuned to HDMI. Just tried to view catch up or film and just get the rotating colours. Can view app like you tube. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks again

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  is you TV a smart TV?  I noticed you said you can watch You Tube.  Is that on the box or on your TV?  If it is on the box then the TV can "see" the box.  Let us know which it is.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.