cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Bonus Streams Now Available On NowTV Boxes / Stick

Just fired up my NowTV 4K Box and noticed that Bonus Sports Streams are now available which is great news 😀.

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also available on my NowTV Stick, where there are 48 number Bonus international Football streams during the course of November the 11th to November the 18th 2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the bonus streams are available on Now tv smart box with Freeview as I cannot find them. I do have a sky sports month pass.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The smart box is the same device that @schnapps  has mentioned (NowTV 4K Box).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass

Regarding bonus streams;

When a Bonus Stream is available, you'll find the option at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t have these on my smart freeview box either.I may be wrong here but could it be a case of these bonus streams are only available on devices with the new user interface??

@Simon-J

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would wait and see when Euro 2020 play off finals and nations league games and the masters and F1 is coming next week.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That maybe the case when using the NowTV Freeview Smart Box with the on going delay pushing out the new look NowTV home page screen layout.

Though NowTV have assured Freeview Smart box owners that the new look screen layout will eventually be added to their boxes.

And the NowTV Help articles points to that all NowTV boxes will have Bonus Sports Streams (none of the help articles i have read or seen mentions Bonus Streams will not be supported on NowTV Freeview Smart boxes).

Hopefully Simon J will officially confirm this.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This information which i have copied & pasted below was taken from one of the NowTV Help articles.

Got a Sky Sports Month Pass, and one of the devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Keep in mindYou can’t access Bonus Streams with a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass. NOW TV Boost features, including full HD and 50 frames per second, aren't available on Bonus Streams.

Will Bonus Streams be available on other devices?

We'll be making Bonus Streams available on the NOW TV Stick and Boxes (except the white NOW TV Box) later this year, and via the NOW TV Player and supported smartphones in 2021.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I’m think the same thing as you with reguards the freeview box.any word on what the delay of pushing out the new ui to these boxes is??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have no idea about when the new look UI will be pushed out to NowTV Freeview Smart box owners, where you will have to keep pestering Simon-J The NowTV Community Manager.

I have seen the new look UI on my NowTV Freeview Smart box briefly during the Trial, but it wasn't much difference to the new UI on the other NowTV boxes and Stick with the addition of the live TV Freeview channels on the TV Guide in the top left hand corner of the Home Screen (virtually identical to what you see now on your NowTV Freeview Smart box).

I did have a major problem with my NowTV Freeview box during the Trial, where i lost all Freeview channels for about 3 months (even though the box detected 170 channels when during a rescan or factory reset) so i couldn't use the Freeview channels and gave up on the box.

The Freeview channels suddenly appeared a few months later on the box after the trial finished, where every week i kept checking to see if the Freeview channels reappeared on my box.

I haven't got enough device slots on my account to keep using my NowTV Freeview box anymore, where i have other devices that i prioritise on my registered device list.

Though i could get my NowTV Freeview Smart box connected up to see if the Bonus Streams are added, but my gut feeling without the new look NowTV UI home screen page they will not be there.

I can only assume there is some sort of hardware conflict with the inbuilt TV tuner with the new NowTV UI.

I doubt NowTV will divulge any information, apart from that they are working behind the scenes to get the new UI rolled out ASAP for NowTV Freeview Smart box owners.