cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue Logo gone?

When the now tv box was delivered it had a nice blue logo on the front of the box and on the top. Both the Now TV logo's on the box have now gone white with a slight fade of blue. We unplugged it overnight and it is still the same.

Is this normal or is the box faulty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Well the logo on miy box is still the same colour.  has the box been getting hot?  Is there space arpund it to allow ventilation?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Well the logo on miy box is still the same colour.  has the box been getting hot?  Is there space arpund it to allow ventilation?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's a weird one and not normal IMO, i have heard of a "Leopard changing it's Spots" but not heard before about the NowTV blue logo on the smart box changing colour to a faded white.

How long have you owned the smart box for and where did you buy it from ?

From what i can tell the Now TV logo's looks like to be some kind of vinyl blue coloured type stickers (though i don't know the material used or the process method in applying the logo to the box outer casing).

Usually you find with vinyl coloured stick on labels that the colour tends to fade in UV Sun light and when a high concentrate of heat is involved the glue used tends to lose it's adhesive properties.

If you are not satisfied then i would suggest asking the Retailer where you purchased the box from for a replacement. (see link below about the procedure for returning your box under warranty).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-Box

Like @Anonymous User mentioned the smart box does operate hot and good ventilation around the smart is extremely important for the life expectancy and reliability of the inbuilt electronics.  

mark_suff
Expert

@Anonymous User Your box hasn't been in direct sunlight has it?. This could fade the logo, also not good for the box as hot sun can damage it.