cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Smart Box not recognising login details

2 month old black Smart Box suddenly stopped recognising login details. 1.5hrs on live chat and they send out new one. Set up brand new one and same problem. Another hour spent on live chat. They are baffled and as tried everything to resolve and had a replacement they say they have to get the 'higher technical' department to email me. That was 2 days ago and surprise surprise we haven't heard from them. Really fed up now. Anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes we do, works fine on PC etc

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your password, such as an % or + or $ etc. If so, this could be why you're currently struggling to log-in to the NOW TV service.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, all sorted. Shame they couldn't tell me that on the 2.5hr live chat help. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think it is just special characters in the password causing problems. If you have one in the username that also seems to cause problems. Pita if you are used to using a username suffix to split your mails between different senders...

(ie +now for Gmail accounts)

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I've read in other topics guys it seems to be the % character that is causing problems. My password contains special characters but does not contain a % character and is working fine. Come to think of it. I had to change my password recently and my old password contained % character

One of the way of making password secure is to use a mixture of lower and upper case characters . You can also use numbers. so you don't necessarily have to use special characters to make a good password. But as I said above, it looks to be the % character that is causing issues

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no special characters in either my username or my password, and my Black Now TV box is no longer recognising my login details.  Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone got a solution for this?  Been working fine today then suddenly stopped working and I can't get my (black) box to recognise me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you have special characters in password then reset it without. If you haven't then they had me factory resetting the box, watching for 1 mind on laptop then retrying on box.