cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jellybeen
Advocate

Best of catchup - itv hub not working

Hi hoping someone will be able to help.  I am having the same problem on both my smart boxes.  Keep getting the message ‘ Error oops something went wrong. We are working on it ‘. This has been going on for at least a week.   

System is up to date.  Has anyone else been getting this problem? If so did you manage to get it sorted?  Very disappointing not to be able to watch ‘long lost families what happened next! ☹️😱😂

Thanks in advance

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable
OK now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

For about a week now, the best of catch up log in has disappeared from my list of choices, any ideas as to what I can do, I'm not very technically minded.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes I am having the same problem tried rebooting etc the only way I am getting into it is go to the right of the app  and pick any programme that is showing on ITV when the program comes on go out of it and you will be able to watch on demand on ITV hub

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I am having the same problem tried rebooting etc the only way I am getting into it is go to the right of the app  and pick any programme that is showing on ITV when the program comes on go out of it and you will be able to watch on demand on ITV hub

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jellybeen wrote:

Hi hoping someone will be able to help.  I am having the same problem on both my smart boxes.  Keep getting the message ‘ Error oops something went wrong. We are working on it ‘. This has been going on for at least a week.   

System is up to date.  Has anyone else been getting this problem? If so did you manage to get it sorted?  Very disappointing not to be able to watch ‘long lost families what happened next! ☹️😱😂

Thanks in advance

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apparently there is a bug in the  best of catch up section where nowtv are in the process of trying to get it fixed.

Have you tried the work around by accessing this TV show by going to the ITV Hub App in your My Apps section of your nowtv devices and open up the ITV Hub App and manually find the show to watch ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening again. 2 nights now most annoying.  Ihave tried your alternative suggestion but I cannot get the programme I want to see.

Please can you sort this.

Ann Bullock  [email removed]

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Apparently there is a bug in the  best of catch up section where nowtv are in the process of trying to get it fixed.

Have you tried the work around by accessing this TV show by going to the ITV Hub App in your My Apps section of your nowtv devices and open up the ITV Hub App and manually find the show to watch ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What Apps are effected on the Best of Catchup.

Is it only the NowTV App or BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc and any message showing on screen when trying to open the App or when you start to watch any content ?

Does the Apps in question open and work when going to the My Apps section on your box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Some comes up on the App but not all and it is a long way round to
navigate. Please check.
Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are trying via the Apps on best of catch up and the Apps won't open and no content you select inside the Apps works.

Then perhaps try some of the steps in this trouble shooting help guide to see if anything makes a difference when using the Apps. 

I don't use the direct link eposides on best of catch up myself (personally I rather go via the App) and I am not at home at the moment to check if my nowtv devices are direct linking to the TV show eposides. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick