cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_keyte
Mentor

Best of catch-up screen flashing tiles

Since the last update (box is now running 9.4.3 build 4079) the 'Best of Catch Up' screen now has flashing tiles, the NowTV logo flashes on on off and all the other tiles, e.g. Go to Now TV, Go to BBC iPlayer etc do likewise. None other categories are affected (i.e TV Guide, My Apps etc.)

Any clues on a resolution?

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steven_keyte 
So got a couple suggestions.

1. Unplug your router and device for a few minutes 

2. Set the device back to factory settings. Extreme yes but usually squashes random bugs.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick
3. Speak to Now TV staff on live chat. Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint
4. Send an email to customer support, using the address in the below picture 

314350C1-EB26-4892-8EE4-0D5915336C37.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J 

I'm seeing the exact same issue with the catch up screen on my 4500SK after applying the latest firmware update (9.4.3 build 4079-16). The issue didn't exist in the previous firmware (9.3.3 build 4109-16) and a factory reset doesn't fix the problem.

I've also noticed that if you're viewing a freeview channel and press the left arrow to access the mini TV guide then it doesn't seem to be in sync with the full TV guide anymore. For example, at 9:05pm today the full TV guide showed that Bloodlands was on BBC One, but when I pressed the left arrow while watching a different freeview channel it showed that Top Gear was still playing on BBC One even though it wasn't.

The issue with the box incorrectly reporting the signal strength as 0% for all channels still hasn't been fixed either. And pressing "next channel" or "previous channel" from the secret tuner screen (home x4, up, right, down, up, left, right) still doen't work.

Steven_keyte
Mentor

I don't seem to have an issue with the mini tv guide, that appears to be functioning normally, but, like you, the signal strength indicator always reads 0%.

I'm not going to bother doing a reset, the problem isn't that bad, hopefully the next upgrade will resolve the issue,

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat had me resetting box and Internet 6 times. Still flashing on catch up page. App on phone says offline. The box didn't want to start up tonight either. Just paid for one pass that was due to renew but sick of this not working properly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like they "fixed" this issue by removing the catch up screen altogether in the 9.4.3 build 4091-16 update 😕 But now the box is so slow that it's almost unusable, so if you're still using 9.3.3 I highly recommend avoiding all updates for a while.

@Steven_keyte Honestly, I don't think they know how to fix the signal strength issue. Or they just don't care anymore since these are older boxes.

Steven_keyte
Mentor

Too late, I did the update hoping it'd fix the issue, but as you say it's been fixed by removing the offending catch-up screen.

I to have noticed that the box seems slow to respond / switch between categories since the update,

Steve