cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 (live)

Hi, since yesterday my Channel 5 app isn’t working. Every time I go to watch something, on the last Ad it freezes and turns my box off. Is anyone else having the same issue? It’s only channel 5. How can I resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There appears to be a technical issue or bug on the Demand 5 App that is effecting a number of customers using nowtv devices Smiley Sad

Strangely it not effecting me for some unknown reason, where all my three nowtv boxes are playing perfectly fine on the Demand 5 App with my smart 4K box, smart Freeview box and std black box over Ethernet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think NOWTV has had its day, I tend to watch BT or Amazon Prime now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I'm having the same issue . Maybe time to have my main broadband services installed in the rooms . It's a nightmare 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this is still happening to both my boxes today......I'm guess now TV need to update the app as it's no longer demand but my5....maybe this is what's causing the issue???

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If that was the case, it would be the job of Channel 5 to update the Roku app store accordingly. I'm not convinced that's it, My5 launched some time ago for other devices and they don't show any signs of bringing it to Now boxes. Also people on Twitter have referenced My5 as well as Demand 5 so looks like a general service problem across their output.