cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ariel

I currently have sky and want to switch to now tv. I don't have a TV Ariel, does the now box run off wifi?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep the NowTV service does work via the internet where you need a 2.5Mbps down speed or higher.

If you are after the live terrestrial channels, then you will still have to use the Sky Box for these channels or if you need to record these terrestrial channels you will need to invest in a FreeSat Box connected to your existing Satellite Dish.

Please note your Sky Box will not work when streaming the NowTV subscription channels and you will need a NowTV supported device.

Some more information in the link below what is NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @schnapps Another thing to take into consideration is if you currently have sky q you may need to change the lnb on your dish if you want to use freesat.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks for the additional information @Anonymous User never been a Sky Satellite TV Subscriber and wasn't aware about that you need to change the Lnb on the Sat Dish if you have Sky Q and want to swap the box to FreeSat.

So your input is much appreciated and good to know 😀.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For added future reference.

Sky Q needs a different type of lnb than what is used for "normal' satellite reception. Unless the customer was retaining a Freesat box already in use then they would have this newer style lnb installed. If however they were running an existing Freesat box and wanted to keep it alongside Q they would have a 'hybrid lnb' installed which is basically a 'universal' type lnb to fit all box types.

BTW I can't help myself but I'm certain a washing machine isn't required for NowTV, hence no need to use Ariel 😎

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you have to be so Tempestuous? 💨

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just couldn't help myself @RoyB  Clearly I have too much time on my hands 😂