cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alternative ways to "system suspend" using the "system operations menu" to power down

I understand that the NOW TV smart box does not have a key button on the remote to suspend / power off the box.

Looking on the forum, I note that there is an option to bring up the hidden System menu by sequentially pressing keys [ Homex5 Forward play rewind play forward ] and from the options I can select "system operations menu" and from there I can select "system suspend" to power down the device.

I use this feature as I have connected the box to a spare monitor that does not have its own remote and I use the box to watch things before sleep. Currently I need to do the above key combinations to suspend NOW TV box so that the monitor would go into standby mode and power off.

I find this inconvenient and would like to know if it is possible that the "suspend system" option could be reached in other ways if anyone knows an alternative method.

I don't undertand why this option is not available through an app or as a key bind, for example if user held the "home" button for 5 seconds then the device would suspend.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome, except buying a smart plug 🙂

Cheers guys.

0 REPLIES 0