cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aerial not working in Now TV smart box

My outdoor aerial isn’t working so I’ve just bought a indoor aerial and that’s not working in my Now TV smart box. I’ve scanned the channels and still nothing!
11 REPLIES 11
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it will depend on how your local transmitter is as to whether it works. Can take a bit of trial and error to get it to pick up channels. Also what type of aerial did you get?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s a Polaroid indoor aerial, just not picking up any channels
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

How long has your outdoor aerial been faulty ?

If it's only happened recently (yesterday or today) maybe check that there's no scheduled maintenance on your local TV transmitter by going to this linked website below.

Also you can use the post code coverage checker tool to see what estimated channels you could receive at your household.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My outside aerial is fine, but I’ve been using the old Now TV box and upgraded to the smart box yesterday, I didn’t have the connector bit on my aerial so I went out and bought one along with the coaxial cable, that didn’t work so I bought a indoor one and that’s not working either, just not giving off any channels
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The problem with indoor portable aerials is that they can be hit & miss and brand dependent and also how good is your Freeview signal reception at your property.

Out of curiosity, when you was using your standard nowtv black box before, was you watching any live Freeview channels on another type of device or didn't you bother watching live channels previously ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I was just watching Now TV entertainment and movies, never watched freeview channels on anything, I’ve tried connecting the coaxial cable to my outdoor Aerial but that didn’t work either.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unless somebody else on here comes up with some further straight forward / or a simpler solution.

Then this is the only things that i could suggest.

1. Have you got a friend or neighbour living locally to you, who has an external TV aerial where you can temporary rescan the TV channels on your new smart box (no guarantee but this may help where the channels would be tuned & stored on the box, then maybe your indoor portable aerial may then pick up the Freeview channels).

2. Take the Polaroid indoor portable aerial back and try a different more sensitive TV portable aerial (maybe look at Amazon for customers reviews).

3. Employ a TV aerial Engineer to sort out your existing fixed TV aerial.

Sorry i haven't got any more suggestion, hopefully other members on here will come to your aid.  

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @4268

TBH Schnapps

I was thinking that Chelsea doesn't have much choice than your option 3, simply because I think she lives outside of the range her portable TV aerial can reach and your option 1 could be a non-starter.

Utilising her outside aerial has got to be the best option for her circumstances.

However, I would suggest before making any further financial commitments to insure that the Now TV smart box is working properly, after all it could be faulty.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob,

Hopefully, item 1 on my list would indicate if the inbuilt Freeview tuner on the smart box is working fine or defective ?

Depends if @Anonymous User can get access and test the Freeview tuner on either a Family member, Friends or Neighbours TV aerial ?