cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aerial Issues

Hi All,

We recently cancelled our Virgin Media subscription in the secondary tv room in our house and for the intervening period, we've had the aerial cable in the VM box so we can get the normal freesat channels.

We bought a NOW TV Smart box this week and we noticed the aerial was conncected to the VM box with a F-Plug (Male) Satellite connector which we just screwed on. To connect the aerial to the smart TV Box, I had to take the Co-ax aerial plug from another aerial cord in the house and put it on top of the F-Plug, however the Now TV box isn't finding the channels.

The way VM set up our aerial cable sees the wire go through a VM branded filter type thing so I replaced the 'last cable in the circuit' from the VM filter to the Now TV box with: https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-f-plug-to-coax-socket-cable-2m-white-a75xg

But it still didn't find any channels.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? or is it possible, VM would have created a situation where this whole aerial cable set up only specifically can work with a VM box?

sorry for the long post, would appreciate any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The Virgin Media cable will carry signals using a different standard than cables connected to a Freeview aerial (DVb-Cx vs DVB-Tx) so I can't imagine simply changing the terminating plug and connecting the cable to the Smart Box would work, you'd need to have a coax cable  connected to either a rooftop or indoor Freeview aerial. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The Virgin Media cable will carry signals using a different standard than cables connected to a Freeview aerial (DVb-Cx vs DVB-Tx) so I can't imagine simply changing the terminating plug and connecting the cable to the Smart Box would work, you'd need to have a coax cable  connected to either a rooftop or indoor Freeview aerial.