Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Advice for those considering a Now TV subscription

I base this on my now 2 year experience with NowTV

I use it with a smart set top box and on my iMac through the player app

I have a 60mbs zen internet connection ( I get somewhere around 50mbs)

I have 2 major issues with the service:

1. Slow, buffered and frozen streaming to NowTV box

2. iMac overheats when used with NowTV player app

I have no issues at all using my amazon fire stick or my smart tv when streaming video . This is solely limited to NowTV.

I have been in contact with web chat on numerous occasions with no solution (other than check your wifi etc etc). No help whatsoever.

I am not alone in this. Search this forum and you will find numerous people with the same issues going back years, which NowTV acknowledge but do not resolve.

I am giving up and binning the service. I would advise you review the forum well before taking the service yourself. A trial period may assist if it is available, but my advice would be steer clear until the problems are resolved (if ever)

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Who’s your ISP?

Whats your router?

How are your affected devices connected?

My iMac never overheats with NowTV; but given that the NowTV picture blows chunks on the iMac, I’ve never run it long enough to overheat.

But my Sticks and boxes are absolutely fine; i.e. the problems you are getting here aren’t by any means universal.

However, we do indeed see many people reporting that all their internet activity is fine, except for NowTV.

I wonder, then, if there is an as yet undiscovered common factor; and whether NowTV would do well to spend a bit of effort on finding out what it is?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ISP is Zen Internet

Router is Fritz Box 7530

All other streaming devices are fine and working

I don't think I said the problems I am having are universal, just that a search of the forum would find numerous others with same issues. Therefore I agree with you that NowTV need to do something about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After researching the overheating issue. This seems to be a known issue with the iMac. Essentially, the GPU overheats under the slightest increase in load with any graphically intensive app not just NowTV. Therefore I have only one issue with NowTV. The issue of stuttering streaming is intolerable.