cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin

Ads

Having paid for prescitption service for nearly a year I am on the cusp of cancelling due to ads. So you might want to rethink as I'm sure i'm not alone

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Justin 

Third party adverts for on demand content is NOT going anywhere. This has been discussed to death over the last 18 months. 

Don't want adverts? Me neither, but I am paying £2 a month for boost to remove them. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Justin 

Take the ad revenue that Now earn from ads in On Demand programmes, plus the revenue from people who have Boost just to avoid ads, and divide it by 10.

That’s roughly the number of Now memberships that people need to quit Now because of the ads, before Now would start to rethink this.

Actually quit, not just threaten to quit.

Of course, we don’t have the numbers to do this calculation, but I’m sure that Now do, and the number of people complaining about this in the Community wouldn’t even shift the needle.

People who quit because of ads in the live programmes don’t count, because that was always the case, and is now even for people with Boost, and nor do people who quit because of the unskippable promos on On Demand, even with Boost; these are separate issues, with their own breakeven points.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.