cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add Kid's channels to the tv guide on the smart tv box

live entertainment, sports, and movies can all be seen and accessed on the guide, why not kids?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

that seems very dumb to me. i'm confused in what they're protecting, if kids have access to the TVG they already have access to all the other channels. so why lock the kids channels through a wall in its own special area? it doesn't help anyone.

It does seem a bit pointless but I think they get quite a few whinging parents posting how their little snowflakes will be scared by a film poster so they have to shut them up somehow.  For what it’s worth I agree with you they should have it in the guide, as you say if they have unsupervised access to the box then they’ll click on what they want anyway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have a read of this thread linked below asking the same question, where NowTV gave the reason why the kids stuff is not on the main smart box EPG.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Kids/Kids-section-not-showing-in-live-tv-EPG/m-p/396161#M715

Anonymous User
Not applicable

that seems very dumb to me. i'm confused in what they're protecting, if kids have access to the TVG they already have access to all the other channels. so why lock the kids channels through a wall in its own special area? it doesn't help anyone.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Wouldn't have an opinion on that sorry, where i have never purchased a kids pass, been in the kids section on the box app or put a Parental PIN on my boxes, where i am sure your judgment would be much better than mine.

Perhaps somebody from the NowTV Team can offer you some further reasons why the Kids live channels are excluded from the smart box main TV Guide. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It does seem a bit pointless but I think they get quite a few whinging parents posting how their little snowflakes will be scared by a film poster so they have to shut them up somehow.  For what it’s worth I agree with you they should have it in the guide, as you say if they have unsupervised access to the box then they’ll click on what they want anyway!