cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation without using passes

dear nowtvers

i have an existing NOWTV account and old box. I just bought a new box which includes a series of passes. 
as part of the setup I am asked to enter a code on my smartphone or computer on doing so I get to a ‘redeem passes’ screen. 
I do not want to redeem passes now and I am concerned that it will start them straight away. I intend to use the other features of the box and redeem later. 
how do I activate without redeeming the passes immediately. 
Thanks in advance 

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't got an active pass of the same type of the vouchers on your new box, then the voucher will start straight away.

If you have an active running pass with less than 30 days left, then the voucher of the same type off the box will automatically kick in on your next due scheduled payment date.

Should you be on a current existing offer with more than 30 days remaining, then my understanding the voucher of the same type off the box will be saved on your account and you can redeem it when you like.

The only voucher off the box or stick that doesn't follow the above (if applicable) is the one day sports pass from my understanding which is saved on your account and can be redeemed at a later date of your choice.

I don't think there is anyway around it (Bring Back the Paper Scratch Card Vouchers).

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

The Weekly Sports Pass also does not activate immediately; but all the others do, subject to what you set out above.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Don't think i have come across a Stick or Box bundled with a Weeks Sports Pass (might be wrong mind).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Thinking about it, if my memory serves me right going back a few years ago NowTV did offer a one week sports pass with the old generation two black boxes, but this was a paper scratch card voucher in the box.

My preference would still be the older style paper scratch card vouchers in the box, rather than the electronic embedded vouchers now on the Stick or Box.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Thing is, even with paper vouchers, they all start when you enter them, if they can, except for the Day and Week Sport Passes, which sit there until you watch some sport.

I’m sure electronic vouchers are for NowTV’s benefit, not ours. And I wish that now there is a holding pen for electronic vouchers that can’t be started immediately, that paper vouchers could go there too, instead of me having to remember to put them on one by one.

Not to mention having to remember where the hell I left them 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chai
Scholar 3

@RoyB 

I purchased a black box with 1 week sports pass at my local W.H. Smith a year ago (it goes without saying that the pass was invalid/out of date), but amazingly that shop still had them in stock when I visited them just before the virus stuff happened! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hsve the opposite issue tonight, bought Sports pass, money taken from my bank account....but unable to use, missed both of tonight's Premiership matches....which was why I purchased in the first place. Looks like it's a National problem according to the website...

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I do not want to redeem passes now and I am concerned that it will start them straight away. I intend to use the other features of the box and redeem later. how do I activate without redeeming the passes immediately?

You can't.  Unless you already have an equivalent pass already activated.

chai
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

This auto-activation unfortunately happened to me on the TV Stick with 1 Month Sports Pass, and I immediately contacted customer services who were happy to cancel the subscription and give me a replacement 1 Month Code code that I could use when I wanted.