Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

9.3.3 build 4095-16 Freeview box update

D82FA83C-E604-4003-B7E7-355142C60F6F.jpeg

854C024F-EA03-4AFA-8D88-844132ADA40D.jpeg

So out off my 3 now tv freeview boxes 2 the other day updated to 9.3.3 build 4095-16

since then I’ve had the following problems

Boxes aren’t auto powering off when I turn off the tv’s ie they are staying on all night.

The tv guid will not load properly 

32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My guess you was the first to notice it, where others may or may not pick it up in the coming days (should they be on the same software version).

Sometimes a reboot of both your Router & NowTV box will refresh the main TV Guide and give it a kick start into live.

Also I am guessing you have tried a forced software update on the boxes in question ?

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @I have indeed tried

your suggestions and it don’t work....suppose we will have to wait and see if the powers that be decide to fix the issues 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If nobody else reports it on the Forum in the next few days i will dig out my NowTV Freeview Box (force a software update on it to see if i can get the same software version and test out over the Freeview channels and Freeview TV Guide information etc.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

2608B642-42AE-4A81-9BDB-767C052B56D2.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @Don’t know why that’s posted upside down lol but they just seem to Rolled it back to previous version

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps NowTV have found an issue with the software version you received or it was a software version that wasn't intended for public release and managed to slip through the net onto your devices where everybody else seems to be on software version 9.2.3 and not 9.3.3.

This happened to me on the NowTV App Youview box software release a year back or so where the software version wasn't intend for my eyes or anybody in the public apart from in-house NowTV testers. 

Within a day or so NowTV realised their mistake and reverted back to an older software version.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m glad they did roll it back everything working as it should again 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's great news to hear 😁 (until the next time something gets broken 😢).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ack don’t be at that now lol

all I’m waiting on is my stick and 3 boxes running the same sofwear it’s driving my mad lol oh and at least a 24 hr TV guide 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's great news to hear 😁 (until the next time something gets broken 😢).

@schnapps @Anonymous User Ha ha , so true, but at least nowTV realises their mistakes and usually rolls back pretty quick. There are other companies that I can think of where they supposedly provide 'updates' and it takes months for the major issues caused by the 'updates' to be fixed . I'll give you a clue as to what company that might be ... Windows 10 🤣  

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.