cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miketurn
Scholar 3

4K Smart Box questions

Hi, I'm looking for some answers about the new 4K box if anyone can help please.

Firstly, does it have an ethernet port for a wired connection?

Is there a USB port that provides power.

I've read there's an SD card slot for storage. What does that exactly mean?

Does the box turn itself off completely when not in use, like the other Smart Box with Freeview, or does it just go into a low power state like the old 'puck' boxes.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Miketurn

1. Ethernet port yes.

2. USB port no.

3. There is a micro SD card slot on the back of the 4K smart box (i haven't tested it to be honest so not sure if it's enabled) where i am guessing it's for future proofing when the internal memory of the box is full and you can transfer stuff across to a SD card which isn't supplied.

4. Like the std puck shape black box, when not in use the smart 4K box goes into low power save mode.

If you wan't to know anything else about the 4K smart box, don't hesitate to ask.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Miketurn

1. Ethernet port yes.

2. USB port no.

3. There is a micro SD card slot on the back of the 4K smart box (i haven't tested it to be honest so not sure if it's enabled) where i am guessing it's for future proofing when the internal memory of the box is full and you can transfer stuff across to a SD card which isn't supplied.

4. Like the std puck shape black box, when not in use the smart 4K box goes into low power save mode.

If you wan't to know anything else about the 4K smart box, don't hesitate to ask.