Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2nd box. Same account. Different Wi-Fi router

Hi.
I have just bought a NOW TV smart box.
I have tried to sign in using account details we have with our BT TV bundle.

I am unable to sign in. But ts displaying 'ACCOUNT INVALID' - with an OVP_00026 code

I am using a different wifi network.
Should this matte
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I am not using any VPN services. Most of the providers like Netflix are able recognise it and there is no use for it anymore.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure what else to mention, maybe the Now TV Forum Team on here will assist you further because you seem to be getting no joy from NowTV ROI Live Chat ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not trying to make you sound like an idiot, but double check you are using the same username as you used to buy your passes. A surprising number of people with sign in issues are using a different Sky ID or username to the one they currently use, and if that username isn't fully set up for NOW TV it causes that error.

Slightly more likely, if you live close to the border worth checking your IP is correctly recognised as in ROI. Pop onto https://www.iplocation.net and see if all lookups locate you in ROI. If they don't this could be causing an issue, try powering down your broadband router for a good 10-15 mins as this should allocate you a new IP.

Also worth checking if you can log into any other devices correctly - normally just logging into the website and checking you can get to your payment details should make sure everything is OK but you could also try the mobile/tablet app and see if they let you login.

If not this forum is for UK customers so as painful as it probably is I'd be tempted to go back onto ROI live chat/send a message one last time and see where you get.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

thank you for the above. I have only one account and it is with NOW TV, I have no Sky account and I am only 1 email address to log in from all devices. My account works fine from iPad and my MacPro. Only trouble logging with NOW TV box.

I live in Dublin, so borderline should not be issue but I will check it, just in case.

Thank you for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately there is no use to get back to the ROI help as they have no experience with this error code & message and are unable to help. I have found more suggestions and actually also succsess stories with these codes here in this forum while the ROI help does not even know that the error code OVP_00026 refers to incomplete account information/ details.

I have been with them in live chat and I have sent them emails. Up utnil now no answers and I still can not log in.

If I find any solution to this situation, may I post it here in this forum so others who are struggling with the same could find some help.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If I find any solution to this situation, may I post it here in this forum so others who are struggling with the same could find some help.

@Anonymous User Yep definitely, I'd be interested to know myself, especially as other devices aren't causing an issue. As it looks like some kind of account issue probably not much more us 'normal users' can do for you (unless schnapps and I have missed the obvious, wouldn't be the first time for me!), but hope you get sorted one way or another.

PS when you changed your password, it now only has numbers or letters? As special characters have caused problems logging into boxes in the past.

PPS as well as checking you can log into the iPad are you also able to watch your passes via the iPad app?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Seems like a few ROI members have encountered this error code OVP_00026 on their NowTV boxes where using other devices they have no problems.

According to one member they overcome the problem by creating up a new Gmail address (don't know why that would work?)

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Cannot-login-through-now-tv-box/td-p/427649/page/4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!

I will try few more attempts to get it sorted, but I will post here anyway how it all ends.

I have not tried to stream any movies on my iPad, but I have been able to log in and check my account details. It is a good idea and I will definitely try to sgtream soemthing on iPad to see if NOW TV works properly!

I have gmail account and password with letter and numbers only, no symbols, so this couldn't be the login problem.

I have been trying to tell to the ROI help that they need to check my account information - taht all the boxes are ticked which should be and that there is no information missing in my profile, that the T&C are accepted by me and etc. They are not willing to do this. The only thing I can see is that my phone number is missing and I am unable to update it into my profile myself.

Will ask their assistance and this is really the last thing I can think of.

Also maybe to re-start my box in admin mode or developer mode coulc help. Will look into these possibilities, too.

Thank you for all you advises and I will let you know how this all ends.