Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2nd box. Same account. Different Wi-Fi router

Hi.
I have just bought a NOW TV smart box.
I have tried to sign in using account details we have with our BT TV bundle.

I am unable to sign in. But ts displaying 'ACCOUNT INVALID' - with an OVP_00026 code

I am using a different wifi network.
Should this matte
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting exactly same message.. I bought now TV smart hub today. Can't set up.
Any ideas? I'm logging in to account used at home address but I am at another address using a different WiFi router.

I am in UK.

I'm having no luck with this whatsoever
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm, can you also check that you have signed up as a brand new customer with Nowtv and are not using any other sign in details belonging to any other company. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are the details you used the same as you used to sign in here? Do you have an active entertainment pass. If so these are not network dependent.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem and same error message!

I bought last week NOW TV box2 by ROKU. 
I connected it to my TV but as soon as tried to log in I got error message: "account invalid" and code 00026.

I contacted ROI help chat and was instructed to reset the box, change my password, restart the whole set, restart my internet modem and etc. Also the factory settings, update the software and etc. Nothing helped. I still kept receiving the same message. Finally I was suggested by the help team to change my TV BOX as by current box is probably faulty.

Before to go and change the box next day I checked online the possible solutions and I found a lot of information about this error code in this forum! So basically this error code has nothing to do with the TV BOX but only my account settings. I could change the tv boxes as many as I can, but I will receive the same message still if my account is not up to date?

When I last chatted with NOW TV help about the matter they told me that they have forwarded my problem to the Technical Support and they will get back to me within maximum 48 hours. More than 72 hours have passed and no one has contacted me.

I have included here some of the formum threads and also the error code explanation from NOW TV own homepage about which unfortunately the people working in the ROI help chat have never heard 😞

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/Account-is-invalid-message/td-p/429371

And there are many more all about the same subject. The only thing I want is that someone could check my over my account details and let me know if there is something I have not done - like something in my bank details (though I have paid for the passes and the funds have left my account, or I forgot to tick some box which which I suppsed to tick or something like that, beut this seems to be too complicated for the Help team to do and easier is to suggest to change the box...

Very sad and disappointed:(
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a Roku box or a NowTV box sourced from an authorized retailer from the ROI ?

They reason i have asked this question is that the Roku boxes are not currently supported by NowTV ROI (confirmed by a NowTV employee) and the NowTV box is geographically blocked so for example if you purchased the NowTV box from the UK it will not work on the ROI NowTV service and vice versa.

If you are using a NowTV ROI box, then please ignore my post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

thank you for your comment.

This was one of the first things I was aksed by NOW TV help. My box is bought from auhtorised dealer in ROI - Curry's PC World and in documentation it is written that for use in ROI only. As I am based in ROI and I am registered in NOW TV ROI, it should be fine.

I have active Cinema PASS and also active 2 months FOC Entertainment pass which came with the box. Before I had paid Entertainment Pass for which I have paid 3 times succsessfully with my card registered to my account.

NOW TV help have confirmed that my account is active and my passes are active.

I do not know what to do?

May be just to through away the box and buy Chromecast instead.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Last time i checked the NowTV ROI website Chromecast was not currently supported Smiley Sad

Unless this has changed recently (suggest you go to NowTV ROI website Help Centre and type in "supported devices" to double check if Chromecast is now supported).

Here's the link article taken from NowTV ROI website about currently supported devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checked this out - correct, I can not watch Now TV with Chromecast.

It looks that I have just waisted my money and time 😞

Makse me really sad and the NOW TV hleps is not helful at all!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Assuming you are not using any VPN service on your home network ?