cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Update - 23/09

A patch has now been released that should fix this issue. You may need to update your device, to do this:

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK to update your device.

If you still see the issue after updating please let us know by replying here.

We're aware of some sticks showing "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable when trying to watch content. We're working hard to fix this issue and will update customers when we have a resolution. 

Meanwhile, as a possible workaround to this problem - pressing the back (arrow) button on your NOW TV remote should dismiss the the message and allow you to continue 

Thanks

NOW TV Team

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, those two were the culprits. Silly billies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silly billie's? They're 'muppets' more like. Or something remarkably inept.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

haven’t used my set top box in a while, tried using it. At first it wouldn’t accept my account details, even after changing password. Unplugged the box as advised on the website, once plugged back in the message no longer supported on this device shows. Tried the fix on here using home button etc but nothing changes, not taken to another screen to update device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Set top box? Are you referring to the original *white* NowTV box? If so, it is deceased, they switched off support for them some months back & they no longer operate at all.

You should have received an email from then offering a new NowTV stick at a reduced price - you're probably too late now, but you could still try arguing with them and demand a replacement device.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow up from the advice given by @Anonymous User it is also worth noting that Now TV is available on Amazon fire sticks. 

From a personal standpoint the app on and device itself Amazon fire stick is far more reliable than the Now TV stick. So if you can I’d recommend purchasing an Amazon fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ive just had my mums now tv box turn up and weve pluged in and it just comes up saying were sorry now tv is no longer supported on this device its brand new what am i supposed to do 

its stupid my mum wants to have it set up and it wont work properly its the nowtv box

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your saying brand new. What sort of box is it?

Black, white, smart box? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you mean the original 'white' NowTV box as shown at the top of this website:

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/some-now-tv-boxes-will-stop-working/

then forget it. It's deceased. It'll never work as they terminated these devices about 2years ago.