cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

⚠️ RESOLVED - "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable" on your stick or Box?

Update - 23/09

A patch has now been released that should fix this issue. You may need to update your device, to do this:

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK to update your device.

If you still see the issue after updating please let us know by replying here.

We're aware of some sticks showing "Sorry NOW TV is currently unavailable when trying to watch content. We're working hard to fix this issue and will update customers when we have a resolution. 

Meanwhile, as a possible workaround to this problem - pressing the back (arrow) button on your NOW TV remote should dismiss the the message and allow you to continue 

Thanks

NOW TV Team

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on the freeview box getting the new ui

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv stick is still unavailable.  Not happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if you have tried this or perhaps it's not relevant in your particular case, but have you tried pressing the Sky Store Button on the remote, followed by pressing the Home Button to see if that clears the error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did this and I'm using version 9.3.3.4104 and still getting this message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So when are NowTV actually going to fix this issue? I've done resets, software updates and re-updates using the 'engineering' menu. I'm on the latest available version of the software and STILL getting this error!!!

If NowTV don't fix this issue ASAP, then they will be reported to Trading Standards and the Ombudsman.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My 3801UK updated this month (last checked for update today) and I too am unable to get past this screen. I used to be able to use the Back button, but that no longer helps. If I invoke YouTube (for instance) on the device remotely (e.g. from my phone), then that app works OK. But for the other apps that don't start up that way, it remains useless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using an Ad-Blocker on your network? You need to 'whitelist' a couple of NowTVs advertisement servers so they can send you rubbish ads & spy on what you're watching. Or perhaps a VPN has a similar effect, I don't know?

You can also try using the microphone button on the remote control to launch apps by saying stuff like "open BBC iPlayer..."

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am indeed, a Pi-hole. I may investigate what nefarious crud the Stick is looking for. If benign enough, I may let the Now TV Stick have access. Otherwise I suspect that it's going in the skip.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I use Pi-hole too. You need to whitelist these two:

pubads.g.doubleclick.net 

dpm.demdex.net

Or possibly just one of them, but I think if I recall correctly I needed both of them.

What annoys me, is that NowTV technical support are idiots and couldn't provide a solution.