cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Help homepage - Feedback Wanted!

Below are some early concepts for a new homepage of the NOW TV Help site.

• Version A is the current Help homepage.
  • Version B shows an idea of how the page could look for people who aren’t signed in.
  • If they sign in the page could include some additional features like in Version C.

We’re excited to hear you thoughts, so have a look and let us know what you like or don't like. Here are some questions to get you going:

• What are your first impressions of these concepts?
  • Do you think they would help you find content more easily than the current layout (version A)?
  • Which part of the page would be most useful for you?

We’re trying to offer more personalised help to solve problems faster, but to do this we need users to have signed in.

• Would you find the additional features for signed in users in Version C useful?
  • How likely would you be to sign in?

If you have any other suggestions of how we can improve the design, leave us a comment.

Thanks!

New-Help-Homepage.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F 

• What are your first impressions of these concepts?
  • Do you think they would help you find content more easily than the current layout (version A)?
  • Which part of the page would be most useful for you?

1. Prefer the monochrome design to the coloured, more modern, easy on the eye. 
  2. Probably - the help categories section is more compact, and the text descriptions are more useful than vA - for instance ‘About NOW TV and broadband’ is descriptively more useful than ‘Discover’.  I’d have preferred a link straight to bills and payment to have been kept. 
  3. Help categories, particularly if they take you straight to the relevant section of My Account for eg passes and vouchers rather than to help articles.

• Would you find the additional features for signed in users in Version C useful?
  • How likely would you be to sign in?

1. Yes, the device management section is useful and I like the inclusion of device logos to ease selection. 
  2. I’d only sign in if I had to, not as a matter of routine. I don’t think anything about this layout would make me sign in if it wasn’t needed. 

Other comments:

• Unnecessary scrolling is something I’m not a fan of. So I’d rather have the featured articles section below the help/manage devices sections. For the same reason I’d rather get rid of the featured article image, and get rid of the community latest answers section (unless it’s in the middle of an outage chances are none of these answers will be of use to me) in order to reduce the length of the sections to the minimum.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice that you ask for our thoughts when you want. We've all been asking for 1080p streaming and our requests have fallen on death ears. Now you expect us to give feedback on a cosmetic page change? What a nerve!!!! Give us what you promised and then we may be a little more giving.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Karl-F 

Karl

I have a big problem with your three examples, the screens are designed for mobile/smartphone users only and I only use my full screen PC when accessing online information and forums.  Therefore, I cannot see and so have no idea of what you are trying to convey.

Consequently, your sample screens get a big thumb down.

Thumbs Down Emoji.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback @ukbobboy 

As more of our customers use small screen devices to get help we tend to design for them first. If we can get all the information we need to on a mobile screen, there should be no problem fitting it on a desktop PC 🙂

We'll be working on the designs for larger screen sizes next.

Thanks

Jen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like C & would prefer it in colour rather than monochrome. 

I have used the Help Homepage & found it hard to navigate & didn't actually get the help I needed, until I went on the forums - so pleased it's being improved.

Legend 5
Legend 5

I like the fact it is clear on the new screen you are signed in.
I think a your pass will renew in X days would help. (perhaps auto set to a week so that folk have a week to apply a giftcard/ cancel should they chose to do so).
Perhaps an active device indicator (if possible) (perhaps device could show green in use )
I do prefer colour to monochrome.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am assuming that this redesign affects just the mobile version of the site as seen on phones and possibly some tablets. In this case I think that the new design is a substantial improvement because it appears to create more screen-sized sections so making the page easier to use.

However, I will comment that I tend to switch to landscape mode when looking through pages of fine detail. You get larger, easier to read, text that way. I'd be a little concerned that this might make the section with device icons more difficult to use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no help!!! Page doesn’t work and I’ve spent 15 mins in a queue waiting for online support and then cut off. 
I can’t buy a box with credit available. It says Whoops there’s been a problem for a week! On 2 devises! I am a new customer who is wondering if this has been a big mistake 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it worked it would be great, but as my broadband crashes on a regular basis, its pointless.