cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

is there any way to replace the standard router?

Hi, is there anyway to replace the standard NowTV router, my major issue is that I am unable to add in any sort of the control over the times that certain devices can access the internet.

I had a BT router before which was great for this.

I've tried using the firewalll scheduler but it just blocks everything.

cheers

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so, if you are looking to change to dual, you are obviously aware that this causes latency issues for wifi devices!
I can get 38Mb from the router, but only 17Mb from the hub using wifi!

Your techies told me I had too many devices...LOL....and wouldnt change their stance when I formally complained.
They also would not tell me how to change the WiFi settings.
So, I'm going to assume to this point, that NOW TV don't give them out...
In case of the odd few savvies that know a bit more than the techies!
If anyone does have the settings, please post them.
I'll need the login info, mtu, etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have bought a new router to replace my "NOWTV" netgear one. Its been so restricted that it stops the savvy people from changing some of the "default" settings!
restrictions etc etc DNS, proxies, vpns and all that!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also interested in using my own dual bound router. To set it up, however, I need to know the Network Username and Password.  I know the account name and password, the wireless name and password and the hub name and password, but nowhere does it list the Network Username.

Tech support wouldn't/couldn't supply that information, so how do I find it?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completly unsupported but try a google search for SR101 username as it's the same piece of kit just with a Green NOW TV logo on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi can i use third party router so i can have dual band 2.4 and 5 ghz   or do now tv sell one ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get a Sky Q hub off eBay, that's what I did, it's a straight swap as NowTV Fibre is in effect Sky Fibre.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello

Thank you very much for your great idea. Please could you tell me which model of Sky Q worked for you as there are various types for sale on Ebay.

Best regards

Nick
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello

Thank you very much for your great idea. Please could you tell me which model of Sky Q worked for you as there are various types for sale on Ebay.

Best regards

Nick
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is the version I have:
Manufacturer Sky
Model ER110
Firmware Version 2.02.1987.R
DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m

It's similar to this with the built in power supply and was delivered to the seller 2 weeks previously

There is also a version with separate power supply similar to this

I don't see why  it wouldn't work the same as what I purchased.

Regards
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've just switched to NOW TV and am using aTP-Link Archer VR2800. One ISP option on its basic setup is SKY_VDSL. Connected straght away - no username/password required.

F