First Poster

Modem mode / Own Router

Hi, Just ordered the fibre service.

Looking at the formum it kind of implys that there is no modem mode / option to use myown modem / router insead of the supplied kit?

Can someone verify this?

Kind Regards

Skinnersplace

Highlighted
NOW TV Team

Re: Modem mode / Own Router

[ Edited ]

Hi @Skinnersplace

The Now TV HUB is technically both a Router/Modem in one. You can use your own Router if you wish as we cannot stop you from doing this however Now TV would not offer support on this in anyway as we would prefer that customers use our own equipment and so we do not offer support for any 3rd party equipment. So if you choose to use a 3rd Party router then you would have to get the details to set this up yourself as we do not have individual settings for every router. Also if at some point you have technical issues and you contact our support team you would need to have the Now TV HUB plugged in when calling otherwise we can not troublehsoot any issues you may have at that time. I hope this gives a better understanding.

Cheers

Eddie

Occasional Poster

Re: can i use 3rd party router

hi can i use third party router so i can have dual band 2.4 and 5 ghz   or do now tv sell one ?

Occasional Poster

why do now tv not supply dual band routers ?

Elite 2

jimmyl123 wrote:

why do now tv not supply dual band routers ?

@Eddie-M Can you help here? Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
NOW TV Team

Hi @jimmyl123

The decision was made to launch Now TV with the single band router as we were not sure if it would take off and if there would be a demand for it. However as we grow our bussiness other options will then become available down the line. Like Dual Band routers as its something we are looking in to offering in the future. At the moment though the normal HUB is what will be given when signing up until we launch other versions later down the line.

Thanks for the tag @caseyb1993

Contributor 1

Get a Sky Q hub off eBay, that's what I did, it's a straight swap as NowTV Fibre is in effect Sky Fibre.

Regards

Occasional Poster

Hello

Thank you very much for your great idea. Please could you tell me which model of Sky Q worked for you as there are various types for sale on Ebay.

Best regards

Nick
Occasional Poster

Hello

Thank you very much for your great idea. Please could you tell me which model of Sky Q worked for you as there are various types for sale on Ebay.

Best regards

Nick
Contributor 1

[ Edited ]
This is the version I have:
Manufacturer Sky
Model ER110
Firmware Version 2.02.1987.R
DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m

It's similar to this with the built in power supply and was delivered to the seller 2 weeks previously

There is also a version with separate power supply similar to this

I don't see why  it wouldn't work the same as what I purchased.

Regards