cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is my broadband not active yet?

Hello,

My Broadband was supposed to go live yesterday, it didn't.

We were previously with TalkTalk, our service with them was supposed to end on 17th, but NowTv somehow took over the phone line on the 16th and our landline number has been the new NOWtv one since then. However the broadband has never gone live?

Why?
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried plugging the router into your master socket to see if it picks up a connection? If nothing happens, your best bet is to give the Combo Team a call, you'll find the number on your My Account > My Passes page

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to them on live chat. Not impressed.

They say that there is a fault on the broadband line and that it will take 3-5 days to fix. Given that we have already been without internet since the 16th and could now be for another five days and therefore cannot use our passes I sincerely hope nowtv will reimburse us as this is a joke and creates an appalling first impression
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This company is an absolute joke. We made the transfer from Sky which is the same company yesterday. The phone line is dead and so no phone or internet. There blaming it on an internal error and are sending an engineer out on Thursday to look at it. very coincidental that the phone line goes dead on the same day we transfer over. looks like they love messing their new customers about. I'm looking for a full refund and am going to go to BT
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having similar issues. I've been without broadband or phone for 3 days now and can't get an answer as to why. All I keep getting told is that it is with the "Tier 2 Team" and they can take up to 72 hours to contact me. I REALLY wish I'd just cancelled my Sky TV instead of being tempted by the combo deal and cancelling everything!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Post removed and new thread started..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not active when stated it would be.

I had the same issue, should have gone live on the 27th Match, Now TV failed in their task and when I called the support line all they would say was, it is a third party issue and it is with the tier two team.

The first time I phone I was told of the failure to make the connection in time. After that is was lie after lie and always a third party issue. Strangely enough, having been told it was never because they had to order a new connection instead of a transfer, my line went live 10 days to the day after I complained about the failed line connection. Strange that, considering a new order takes 10 days?

The real issue is they failed in their task to make the connection but they will not tell you that. When this happens it is no longer a straight switch over, they have to ask for a new line connection with Open Reach and that takes 10 to 12 days. They keep you ocuppied with their story of third party issue until it is to late to think of switching back to another provider, because if you do you then have to wait 10 from when you order it. You are now waiting even longer.

NowTV as a company is a joke. You can never get anyone to be truthful about the issue, they just blame someelse and just tell you the same story until you leave them alone, all I ever wanted was the truth. I considered coming on here to see if anyone had the guts to speak to me because there is no where on the web site to make a complaint. Yes it offers it but when you select it it take you to the technical support page.

Well done NowTV, if you want to compete in the real world of big compnaies then try acting like one and sort out your issues. This kind of service is just not good enough to cut the mustard with the rest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ordered mine on 28th April order tracking still not updated for live date I spoken on live chat told openreach it's still with them then phoned up and told go live 15th double checked on online chat told no sign of a live date it's still with openreach it's a joke