cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WPA Krack issue

Hi NowTV, when do you expect to have a patched firmware for the WPA Krack issues? 

14 REPLIES 14
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Tony-D

If you have any word on if the NOW TV Hub is vulnerable and/or when a fix is pushed I'd be grateful. Ta.

I'll have a word now and hopefully an update in the next few hours @Andy Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Tony-D No, sorry this isn't an Android issue. This issue affects the way in which WPA2 is negotiated between wireless devices, yes, Andoid is particularly susceptible but other devices including laptops, desktop, mobile phones, tablets and other wifi equipment is affected. Your suggestion of changing firewall settings to public location won't help either as KRACK is a man-in-the-middle attack vector.

For users that are using Microsoft Windows OS there is a patch available via Windows Update. Run Windows Update and apply all available to ensure you're protected against this. Apple devices have no word yet when they'll be updated and other vendors are releasing updates in the coming weeks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Tony-D No, sorry this isn't an Android issue. This issue affects the way in which WPA2 is negotiated between wireless devices, yes, Andoid is particularly susceptible but other devices including laptops, desktop, mobile phones, tablets and other wifi equipment is affected. Your suggestion of changing firewall settings to public location won't help either as KRACK is a man-in-the-middle attack vector.

For users that are using Microsoft Windows OS there is a patch available via Windows Update. Run Windows Update and apply all available to ensure you're protected against this. Apple devices have no word yet when they'll be updated and other vendors are releasing updates in the coming weeks. 

Yes @Anonymous User I understand it isn't andorid based now. Wasn't my suggestion and i had a feeling that the firewall settings wouldn't do anything, i was told to post it by higher up. And i'm still awaiting an update from the people who control what updates get pushed.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes @Anonymous User I understand it isn't andorid based now. Wasn't my suggestion and i had a feeling that the firewall settings wouldn't do anything, i was told to post it by higher up. And i'm still awaiting an update from the people who control what updates get pushed.