cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Upload speed?

Hi

Ive just ordered the fab fibre deal, and trying to find out what kind of upload speed i should be looking at, my cabinet is new and im less than 300 metres from it, if that helps 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The speed will depend on the distance to the cab. If you really are only 300 metres away then it'll be 10mbps. Fibre cabs normally have an Openreach superfast internet is here sticker on them, they shouldn't be confused with other green cabs which might be used by Virgin Media, the phone networks or highways.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Upload speeds are a bit more tricky than the Download speed as we don't offer a specific speed. However on Fibre it can be anywhere from 0 - 20 MBPS for upload speeds.

Hope this answers at least part of your question.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Upload speeds are a bit more tricky than the Download speed as we don't offer a specific speed. However on Fibre it can be anywhere from 0 - 20 MBPS for upload speeds.

Hope this answers at least part of your question.

Cheers

Eddie

Is there any difference between Fab Fibre and Super fibre in term of upload speed? Or the only difference would be in download speed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Fab Fibre is upto 38mbps down and 10mbps up, Super Fibre is upto 76mbps down and 20mbps up. Main issue is distance from cab which will affect your speeds. When I had Super Fibre in my old house I was getting 76/20 as the cab was over the road, but since I've moved house I'm 800 meters away from the cab and only get 36/4.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi

Ive just ordered the fab fibre deal, and trying to find out what kind of upload speed i should be looking at, my cabinet is new and im less than 300 metres from it, if that helps 🙂

@Anonymous User if you conduct a speed test you can find out what your upload speed is very quickly . The link I provided below will take you to one of the best speed testing sites. It will test both download and upload 

http://www.speedtest.net/

I hope this helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The speed will depend on the distance to the cab. If you really are only 300 metres away then it'll be 10mbps. Fibre cabs normally have an Openreach superfast internet is here sticker on them, they shouldn't be confused with other green cabs which might be used by Virgin Media, the phone networks or highways.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes literally its a brand new fibre cab that got installed and went live only a few days ago and its at the end of my street, so 10mbps is great, thanks 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes literally its a brand new fibre cab that got installed and went live only a few days ago and its at the end of my street, so 10mbps is great, thanks 🙂

Interesting... Does the incoming optical fibre line come straight into your house?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No its FTTC, standard broadband here is rubbish at only 2.5mb so im thankful fibre is finally here, so hopefully i should get the advertised speed of 38mbps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also planning to take the Fab Fibre and wondering if you could mention the max upload speed you are getting at your home.

Thanks for your help,

Regards.