cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to play online games with xbox one wired connection

So my service started with now tv broadband moving from BT and since it switched yesterday I lose connection constantly when trying to play xbox one multilayer games.

I do test and my packet loss is very high but never had this problem with BT.

Any help would be great.
11 REPLIES 11
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hey there @Anonymous User 🙂

I suggest you either contact live chat or the broadband phone number. Since you are a combo customer , you will see the number. 

First,click here.

Click on "contact us" at the bottom.

You will then see options for live chat or to make a phone call.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks tried this and just told to wait 10 days as I have only had it one day and this is the time it can take to adjust my line but I have never come across this before.

Well 2 days down and 8 to go but ain't holding my breath.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

9 days now and still unable to play online games but if I connect xbox to my mobile hotspot using 4g works fine just doesn't work with now tv both WiFi and cable.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
9 days now and still unable to play online games but if I connect xbox to my mobile hotspot using 4g works fine just doesn't work with now tv both WiFi and cable.

Hi @Anonymous User Whats exactly happening when you try to connect your Xbox to the NOW TV Hub? How far does it get? Is the Xbox the only devcie this is happening with yeah?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User Also, is it XBOX Live itself or is it certain/every game? Like, can you connect Rocket League, COD, BF1 servers?

@ AldsoTony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User Whats exactly happening when you try to connect your Xbox to the NOW TV Hub? How far does it get? Is the Xbox the only devcie this is happening with yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

My xbox connects online and I do all test on xbox but when it comes to multiplayer test in the setting the packet loss data is very high.

No matter what game I play it fails plus I tried both wired connection and wireless.

It all worked fine before I switched and works fine when I have it use my mobile data via hotspot.

Followed many video turtials on trouble shorting and Microsoft even tried but said down to my provider.

I'm giving it few more days thenow I'm moving back to BT.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone have a solution here or am I best changing back to BT where I had no issues with online gaming?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, what service did you have with BT, was it Fibre? And did you move to Now TV Fibre and have you still got the problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yes was on infinity 2 with BT and now on the standard firbre with now TV and still have same problem, no one able to play online games in house since Feb now.