cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible engineer visit.

I’m disgusted in the service I received today. I live alone and have problems with anxiety and confrontation and things. I was told an engineer would come out to install a phone line and broadband today and that they would phone me to confirm the time etc. The guy turned up without a call or even the tracking system saying he was due. He then said that I already have a line socket and I would have to use that. The socket is around 7 meters from any electrical outlet so I said I needed it in the living room at the end of the hallway. He point blank refused and said no you have to keep that one. I pointed out to him that the socket had not been used in the six years I’ve been living here and that the wall it is on is extremely prone to dampness. I’ve had to decorate due to mould in that area several times. I also pointed out the appalling condition of external wiring and that I wasn’t happy with any of that as it’s all frayed and dangling allover. He basically said tough either put up with it or don’t have it. And if I did put up with it I would have to run an extension at least 7meters along my hallway to the nearest pier socket so that I could have the WiFi router at the opposite end of my home to where I needed it. I asked him what the purpose of the appointment was and it was to install a phone line. But he wouldn’t install one. I felt he was getting a bit confrontational and he made me feel extremely uncomfortable in my own home. I actually phoned Now TV and cancelled and I’d got so worked up I was actually crying. So now I am stuck. Out of pocket because I daren’t even attempt to switch from my current supplier who happily put a phone line in my living room 6years ago who are charging more for the broadband and that doesn’t even include the entertainment and movies package I was looking forward to. Or the quidco bonuses. I will be strongly advising anyone I know to stay away from open reach and anyone who uses their installation teams.
0 REPLIES 0