cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switchover from Sky went smoothly :D

Woke up this morning and logged in into my account to check if I could install the kit and I was good to go. Probably because the equipment is the same, the sky router carried on working even if I was switched over but I just installed the NowTV branded now just in case. Phone was transferred without a glitch ( I'm paranoid and though I would lose the phone number or some kind of horror stories like that lol ).

I guess the first bill will be viewable by tomorrow and first payment later on this evening ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, you may notice fluctuations for the first 10 days and then it should settle at the best stable speed for your line.

Not sure regarding upgrading fibre, if you are on the no-contract then you can change/cancel mid-month but not sure what options they will give you for the 12-month contract option. I'm guessing they would be happy for you to upgrade but downgrading back again may be a different matter.

I'd suggest seeing how you get on for the first month then if you feel you would benefit from faster fibre ring them up on the number on your My Account> My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and they can talk you through your options.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

@Anonymous User wrote:
But I'd like to be charged too lol and make sure it's the expected amount 😉

Nah, you want to make sure it's the expected amount, but you don't want to be charged until the usual monthly due date! 😉

Presumably you have logged in and checked your next bill via "My Sky > Bills & payments > Upcoming subscription costs" ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I was talking about my NowTV biling ! LOL Sky oddly enough was totally good next bill is showing at it should and I got all the credits on my phone prorata which actually paid for the current month skybox.

Just finished chatting on Live Chat with Deaglan (brilliant chap) and my billing was set up for some unfathomable reason to August the 7th, first bill is the prorata from July 22nd to the 7th and then the current month. Only thing was that they charged me for the smartbox and never put a credit on my account. So had I not made enquiries I would have had a first bill of £141 as opposed to £74....so I'm glad I contacted them. LOL

Anyway all sorted now. Teething problems are to be expected. Now because of all these 'hiccups' should I get a 'sweetener' ??? I mean I'm literally  testing their billing system ! So if the 'powers that be' would kindly gift an extra smart box then I would be very grateful ! LOLOLOL (I'm a cheeky beggar, aren't I)

@Anonymous User oops! my apologies, I thought you meant the Sky billing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So today is supposed to be the day that my bill would be finally released but I realise it's a Sunday so hopeful that I will at last get my first NOWTV combo bill, TOMORROW and that it will be for the amount quoted ! 😄 Well I can live in hope 😄 LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

First bill is OK !
But forthcoming September bill is not showing the £5 discount for the combo....that's sneaky ! 😞

I have entertainment pass and fab fibre and that should come to £19.99 ( plus line rental ) instead they're charging me £24.99 ( £6.99 + £18 )

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/it-s-time-for-your-no-strings-relationship-to-...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update :

Through live chat I got a rep to send a form to the billing department so that my discount will be reinstated. Apparently if one were to cancel one of the pass ( I didn't, it was a glitch ) then they would lose the discount.

Apparently billing will contact me to sort it out so I was given a reference code.

I can understand teething problems but so far had I not baby minded my account along the way, I would have had a nasty suprises few months later that probably would have been harder to rectify.

I probably need to change my Thread Subject to switchover went smoothly but billing is a mess ! LOL 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has been solved now and Christopher even gave me a ring to tell that the billing issue was fixed. Brilliant customer service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And just like that, I lost my combo discount yet again for no reason....I lost the will to live now !!! 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Formal complaint just filed by email. I will also contact Ofcom as it's getting ridiculous now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Really sorry to hear this,

Let me speak with our broadband team and I will get an email sent over to you.

Thanks

Andy